38

Chapter 38  She's Like His Ex-Girlfriend

"It can be called anything." Jian Yi thinks, if these two brothers don't look a bit alike, he will doubt whether they are biological or not.

Shen Yibai added some red wine to Jane Yi, with a gossip expression on her face: "Yi Yi, are you my brother's girlfriend?"

Jane paused for a moment while cutting the steak in one hand, then raised her head and looked at Shen Yibai in surprise.

To be honest, their current relationship should not be male and female friends, but after all, they have already lived and eaten together. In the eyes of outsiders, this relationship is probably what it means.

Jane shook her head: "I don't know if it counts, but I'm your brother's secretary at the moment."

"I know you are my brother's secretary, but your relationship with him is more than that simple. I think my brother treats you differently than others."

Shen Yibai winked at him, and since he was in the company during the day, he discovered that his ice-faced brother's attitude towards Jian Yi was completely different from that of others.

Jian Yi lowered her head and blushed, she knew that Shen Yichen's attitude towards her was unusual.

But she was a little embarrassed to be seen and pointed out like this: "I don't know what he likes, it stands to reason that in your elder brother's eyes, Xu Menghan doesn't like it, let alone I am an ordinary girl with no family background and ability."

In fact, she also knows that although she is still a bit beautiful, she has not yet reached the point where people are fascinated, but Shen Yichen seems to have been very good to her from the beginning, and Jian Yi has never figured it out. Why exactly.

Shen Yibai raised his head at this moment and stared at her deeply, his eyes were a little obscure.

"Maybe because you look more like that woman."

Jane was startled.

Looks more like that woman? which woman?

She was a little puzzled and looked at him blankly.

Shen Yibai seemed to see what she was thinking, smiled, and before she could ask any questions, he took the initiative to solve her doubts: "It's my brother's ex-girlfriend, they met when they were studying abroad, but I didn't know it later. For whatever reason, they broke up, it is said that the woman left my eldest brother voluntarily."

When it comes to this matter, his attitude is very flat. After all, it has been a long time, and everyone has almost forgotten it.

But Jian Yi's heart felt like a needle prick, a pain that was so delicate that her face turned pale.

It turns out that the reason why Shen Yichen treats her so well is because she looks like his ex-girlfriend?

For so many years, he has never forgotten that woman, but he can't find her, so did make her as the woman substitute ?

She felt more and more uncomfortable, as if someone was strangling her neck, and it was difficult to even breathe.

Just wanted to ask why the two separated, but when he saw Shen Yichen walking towards them, she consciously shut up and did not continue to ask.

When Shen Yichen came back, he clearly felt that Jian Yi's face was not right, so he leaned into her ear and asked, "What's the matter? What's wrong?"

In the past, Jian Yi would shake her head, but today, Jian Yi reflexively ducked to the side, deliberately distanced himself from him, with a cold attitude, as if she was treating a stranger who had only met a few times.

Shen Yichen frowned.

But she didn't look at Shen Yichen's expression, and replied in a low voice, "It's nothing, I'm just sleepy, I want to go back early."

"Since you're tired, let's go back first." Saying goodbye to Shen Yibai, Shen Yichen drove home, Jian Yi didn't say a word along the way, and even kept her eyes closed and pretended to rest in order to prevent Shen Yichen from discovering that something was wrong.

She really wanted to ask Shen Yichen about his ex-girlfriend and whether she was a substitute for his ex-girlfriend, but after thinking about it for a long time, the relationship between the two of them was not same as a normal lover. Although they lived together, they never formally established an official relationship, she is not qualified to know his matter.