> CHAPTER 24 <

The new collaboration collection of the companies was surprisingly a hit in the market. As a celebration for their success both the companies arranged a party for all the employees. It was on a Friday evening and each employee were allowed to join the party with their partners as well. Mallika had the highlight of party with her blood red off shoulder one-piece, a pair of black pencil heels and a smoky makeup. Being the punctual lady she is, she arrived in the way before Sumedh and having the highlight on her wasn't the best experience as some male employee were eyeing on her continuously. Although she tried to shrug away her bad thoughts, she couldn't ignore those dirty stares. Suddenly she felt a grip on her wrist, it wasn't familiar at all rather the touch seemed lusty and uncomfortable. She turned to look at drunken male figure smirking at her.
"Hey beautiful! Wanna grab a drink?"
"No thanks!" She muttered in digust and tried to get away but unfortunately she couldn't get out of the grip. She was trying her level best to get out of the grip without making any scene as she hated 'em. The male figure wasn't ready to leave her easily as he kept smirking and giving her inappropriate looks. Mallika could feel the rage in herself which wanted to give that guy a tight slap but she knew this would result in creating a huge scene. She had almost closed her eyes as tears threatened to fall from her eyes when suddenly she didn't feel the grip anymore instead she found a soft cold hand around her waist that was absolutely familiar to her. She immediately opened her eyes as she found herself in Sumedh's embrace who was glaring at the figure as he held his hand as tight as he could ready to break his bones. But as the figure started groaning in pain he left him coz, even he didn't want anyone's attention or interrupt their business. Mallika had never seen this side of Sumedh in her entire life. It was really new to her. She felt her eyes welling up as Sumedh turned to her with eyes softening. He quickly pulled her into a warm hug and placed a peck on her temple giving her the comfort she was craving for.
"Hey! Don't worry Mallika! I am always by your side! I know you could have snapped back easily but being the introvert disciplined person you are you never wanted to make a scene! That's the reason even I didn't fight back!" He gave her his soft warm smile which immediately lit up her mood.
"You are the only reason I believed in love once again and you prove that every time. I love you Sumedh!" With that she snuggled his embrace once again.
"I love you more baby!" He mumbled as he kissed his hair. After their small love session, suddenly Sumedh took off his coat and wrapped in around Mallika. Mallika seemed a bit startled by action as she looked up at Sumedh with a perplexed look.
"Umm what's that for?"
"Mallika! I can't withstand those inappropriate looks on you, so I hope this will help them to understand that you are not their bait but my queen!" Sumedh replied with concern and possessiveness in his tone. Mallika chuckled at this as she loved how loving, caring and protective he is of her!