𝐸𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 | 8

For the fourth night in a row, the prince stayed out in the cabin with Mabel which had him hurrying back to the castle before the morning meal. Just as always Dorothy and Mildred snuck him into the backway of the castle so he would not have to be bothered with the Queen. The woman was starting to be a headache always in his ear about betrothing Lady Winifred when he wanted nothing to do with the man-looking, woman. It was like she didn't understand the King's order or the fact she didn't care.

"Prince Theodore thus the day is Sunday! Why aren't thee in thy Sunday clothing?" Evelyn asked walking into his chambers without knocking. Theodore turn slightly glaring at his mother as he pulled his shirt over his head.

"Dear Mother, as you can see I am getting ready now. Do you think I have magical powers which I can snap my fingers and dress?"

"You are such a bloody rude Prince!" She yelled making him chuckle. Maybe if the woman laid off him some there would be no reason to be rude. The Queen didn't know how to do that. The only thing she knew was what she wanted. Nothing else mattered to the wretch.

"Are thee happy now? I am ready for church and no I will not seat next to Lady Winifred. Or break bread with her this day." Theodore spoke walking past his mother who huffed stomping out of the room behind him like a little child. Speaking of which his youngest sibling was running up for a hug.

"Theodore... Theodore... The King our Father said I could go to church today...."

"THE HELL HE DID! You are not a part of the royal family child. A daughter of a whore will not attend Sunday service with us! Go along run back to thy whore mother of yours...."

"MOTHER! How can you stand there and talk to a child like that? None of this is Faye wrong. Apologize to her at once!" Theodore said to his mother as she huffed and walked in the other direction. Faye looked back with a sad face while he held out his arms.

"Faye if our Father the King said you shall come to Sunday services. Thee shall come. You are the princess after all."  He said making his little sitter giggle hugging him tightly.

"I love you Theo... and I will be happy when you are King. Then you can throw the evil queen out of the castle. Since father cannot do it." She smiled making Theodore nod, but it wasn't all that easy. Although he wished that it was.

"Right come on let us get going before Father comes looking for us." He said walking toward the front of the castle where the King and Queen were waiting by the coach. Roland smiled holding out his arms to his youngest daughter as Evelyn frowned at the two.

"My King she should not be attending holy services with thee. She is a bastard and another heir because you made her to be. The child will never rule our Kingdom...."

"Queen Evelyn, I do not think I ever asked you thy opinion. Step into the coach and shut your trap or you can stay here. Princess Faye is attended Royal Services today and that is that." He said calmly making his way into the carriage followed by a smirking Theodore.

By the time they reach the church Evelyn's face was red as a tomato watching how Roland interacted with Faye and how supported Theodore was of the two. So, when they came to a stop she was the first out confusing all of the townsfolks and the royals. Everyone knew the King then the Prince came from the carriage first then the Queen.

"Thy Mother is so dramatic. I am telling you Theodore I do not understand how I withstood her for so long. Thus, is why I am letting you choose thy missus. My Father and Mother made the wrong choice for me. I do not want to do the same to you." He said making his son nod as they went inside of the church.

Theodore sighed seeing what his mother had done. Even after asking her not to. Queen Evelyn was hellbent on betrothing he and Lady Winifred she that could not see the wrong in what she was doing to the woman beside her. So, besides causing a scene Theodore smiled at Lady Winifred as took the seat beside her causing his mother to smile brightly.