𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 | 19

Everyone in the castle was acting as if the king did nothing behind the queen's back. All of the servants were happily talking about how the prince betrothed his beloved and how handsome the two were together. It was bloody bullshite! Evelyn hated it and needed to find a way to end it all. The priest was not listening nor were the royal court officiates. It was as if that wretch had a hex over all of them just as she had on her son, king, and Penelope.

Why was she doing this? Mabel was too young to know anything about what she did to her mother. So, what would a poor dirty wretch as Mabel want with The Prince of England? Could it have been Ruth's doing all long? If so would it not stop after she was burnt? Right now, Evelyn was confused and Ruth's voice screaming from behind her was not helping her at all.

"Lady Iris wine please."

"Queen you hav had over twenty glasses or so of wine before breakfast. My Queen are you sure you are okay?" Iris said pouring another glass with no hesitation. Evelyn nodded as she down the glass laying back rubbing her temples as Ruth laughed into her ear. "You are at a loss... ha.. ha.. ha... Mabel will win this war Queen. I Curse Thee! I Curse Thee!"

Ruth was wrong there was no way Mabel was winning this. She was going to meet her end one way or another. Mabel may have had them in her web, but Evelyn was still trying to find a way around it and her curse. There was no way she could see herself bowing to a witch and a black one as that.

"Come Iris it is time for me to break bread with the King and my son. Maybe I can speak some sense into the two. What was he thinking? Truly, letting Prince Theodore betrothed her! Out of all the folks the beautiful ladies from season. Lady Winifred was the perfect match! And he chose her!"

"I think she is pretty My Queen. Duchess...."

"DUCHESS! WHO IN BLOODY HELL MAD HER A FUCKING DUCHESS?!" Evelyn yelled. Iris stopped walking looking at King Roland standing in front of her with Lady Amelia the mother of his youngest and back to Queen Evelyn.

"I did Queen Evelyn. Is there a problem with our new Duchess?"

"What is bloody hell are you doing with her My King?! Have you not done enough Lady Amelia?" She hissed as the woman stared between the two. Another person that Evelyn needed to rid of. The wretch kept finding her way into the king's bed and she was tired of it.

"Her Majesty I met King Roland walking back into the castle with Prince Theodore and Duchess Mabel. He asked me to walk with him. That is all, I am sorry if that upset thee." She said trying to walk away but Roland stopped her. Ordering her to stay where she was just as Theodore and his witch walked up.

"Prince Theodore you and I need to have a talk..."

"Mother you and I need not to do nothing at all. There is no changing my mind or undoing our betroth. We were married under the eyes of God...."

"GOD THEODORE!? SHE IS PAGAN! SHE DOES NOT EVEN BELIEVE IN OUR GOD!" Evelyn yelled as all of them sighed. Mabel on the other hand was tired of her as she stepped forward.

"Her Majesty, you do not know of what I believe in. The only thing you know is that thou hate me because of my skin, my mother, and my grandmother. I have done no wrong to thee and I will not stand here and let you belittle I for nothing!" Mabel yelled and before Evelyn knew it her hand came down across her face.

"You dare speak to your Queen in that tone!" She yelled as Mabel step closer to her with purple eyes causing her to step back. Something about her seemed different from her mother and grandmother.

"Yes, I do dare speak to you in this tone Queen Evelyn! I am tired of thee! You do not scare me... I can see your soul. I can also see the spirit that is hanging on to thy back. She will not let go even after thy death. Ruth will hunt you for enteral. You may have thought I was evil but the evil one is the one you aligned thyself with. All I want is to love thy son. Allow me that please." Mabel whispered.