𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 | 13

Things were going beautifully for the ball. Roland was proud they had made it thus far without the Queen realizing that it was something other than a ball under wraps. Still, something told him that she was doing dirt of her own. Especially the way she loves to sneak around the castle the last few days. It was not a doubt in Roland's mind that Evelyn wasn't up to something.

"Linus, what hav you learned about the Queen?" Roland asked his eldest son as he walked into the throne room. The young knight shook his head standing before him causing him to sigh.

"Thy Majesty the Queen knows her way around the kingdom. I think she is on to thee, instead of her leaving the castle she has her lady do it for her. She has only been running her normal errands... Father, I think I may require a little more help."

"I will allow you to bring along two more knights. No more than that."

"I do not understand Thy Majesty what is the Queen up to. Can you tell me that much Father?" Linus spoke as the king rested his head on his hands thinking.

"In due time son...."

"Does it have something to do with the lady that Theodore is fawn of? Queen Evelyn needs to understand that he is allowed to pick his own missus whether she's royal or not." Linus said making his father nod his head in agreement.

"That much is true, but you know how Evelyn is. The wretch acts as if the only thing that matters is what she wants. Soon she will find out. I cannot wait to be rid of her, but it seems as if that day will never come."

"I feel sorry for you King. I am happy about the fact you allowed your children to pick their own missus and husband. I do not know where we would be if you would have picked for us." Linus spoke.

"Sir Linus, get to your job and stop joking about, but first go see thy brother. Since the two of you hav other plans." King Roland smiled as Linus nodded. When it came to his children the man knew them like the back of his hand.

A week later and Mabel was tired of the things she had to go through for this ball

A week later and Mabel was tired of the things she had to go through for this ball. Every morning she woke sick, throwing up her stomach. Then hours later she was tortured by the tailor and other members of the royal staff. And she didn't understand why in the hell did the corset have to be so freaky tight. As of now, she was standing there barely able to breathe as the woman below her hemming her dress.

"Be still child!"

"How Miss? This corset is cutting off my air. Can you please loosen it?" Mabel pleaded as Penelope laughed in the background.

"Lady Mabel, I have loosened the corset twice. I cannot do it again, maybe if you did not eat three whole platters of fruits. You have a pit for a stomach, and you are so short...."

"I am not! It is not my fault that everyone in the royal court towers over I!" Mabel yelled as the two older ladies in the room with her laughed. Although she didn't see anything funny.