𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦-𝐹𝑜𝑢𝑟 | 24

Theodore was happy to be back home after being away for three months and a half. The King... his father had sent him away to handle his business with the king of Spain which was the most boring shit he had ever done. If this was how it was like to be king, he did not want it, but since Theo had no choice in the matter. He knew this was his life. He hated it and the thought of being away from his beloved for so long. He could only hope nothing had happened to her during his time away. Queen Evelyn was hellbent on killing his wife and Mabel was set out to help someone that could not stand the ground she walked.

As anyone knows this would cause a problem. Two people having two different opinions of one another, and Theodore was scared of how it would end. Mainly he was scared of what his mother could do to his wife if the king didn't hurry and make them king and queen of England. Still, he know that his mother would do whatever it took to stop or kill Mabel if she could.

The question that bother Theodore the most was what made her this way. For as long as he could remember his mother was hateful. She hated his siblings which he kind of understand why. The king was sleeping with other women when he had his queen right in the castle beside him, but it had to be a reason why, which was not his concern. Theodore could not feel sorry for the woman because she made things hard on herself. Always yelled and downgrading others about their color, or social status. Queens were always known to help the poor by giving coins to the less fortunate, but Evelyn would go and tell them how terrible they were and how they should drop dead to free their kingdom from helping them.

All the villagers in the kingdom hated the woman and hated when they saw her coming. It was sad that it had gotten to a point that the poor stop showing up after Sunday services for the queen to share her wealth, or at the soup kitchen when she was there. All of the would rather starve or beg on the streets before taking the queen's backlashing. Theodore could not say that he could blame them, and the sad thing about the matter she was actually his mother.

"Prince Theodore, would you like to stop and give coins?" One of the guards asked as they venture through one of the poorest parts of London. Slowly he pulled back the curtain of the carriage looking at the people begging as he sighed.

"Please," Theodore said reaching for his coin pouch. There was no need to for the rest of his coins since he was back home. Plus, Theodore had many as he pulled back the curtain once more beckoning the town folks over handing each of them three gold coins. Each one of their eyes lit up as they thank him and whispered 'God Bless.'

"That was nice of you Prince. Although I do not think your mother would have done the same. The people of London have not seen that type of generosity in a while. You know since that is the queen's job." He chuckled making Theodore. He knew this that is why he did it in the first place. Theo wanted the kingdom to see what was coming under his and Mabel's rule.

He knew that his father did his best. What good is it when you have a hateful wife? She made his father look bad. Yes, he was known for his ruthless ways but not towards his own kingdom. King Roland knew how to get what he wanted but the kingdom was his heart, and he treated them as so, but Evelyn hated everything. This is why the king removed her power of authority.

"We are home My Prince, and I think you have a special someone waiting for thee." The guard smiled nodding his head Mabel with a very round belly. "Thy missus has gotten bigger since the last we saw her. Quite beautiful on her if I may say."

"That you are corrected kind, sir. Oh, how I have missed her... I am just happy that she is alive and well. Tell you the truth I thought her letters were being written by the queen." Theodore said making his way out of the carriage and to Mabel waiting at the bottom of the castle stairs along with his mother, grandmother, and little sister.