7

It's been two days and Anya has already got the hang in controlling her powers, now all she has to do is learn how to fight. Although, she forgot to tell Charles that training isn't really necessary for her.

"What do you know about fighting?" Charles ask as Erik circles her with his hand behind his back.

"I know a bit?" She says shyly.

Erik stops and raise a brow at her "You might wanna elaborate a little bit." He says.

"Well... Why don't we just try right now?" She suggests.

"Like try fighting?" He ask surprised at the suggestion.

"Yeah, to see where I need help with." She says taking a step back.

"Are you sure Anya?" Charles speaks with concern lace in the tone.

"Yeah why not, I mean we're eventually gonna get to that weren't we?" She says.

"Okay," He hesitantly agrees "But I don't want you to get hurt." He warns as Erik stands in position in front of Anya, lifting his fist in front of him while he plants his feet firmly in the grass.

Anya copies Erik looking down at her shoes to see where she plants down her feet "I wouldn't worry about me professor," she looks up and smirk "I don't mind getting hurt."

Erik furrows his eyebrows and before Charles could reply, Anya sprints towards Erik making him widen his eyes as he readied himself for her.

As Anya reaches Erik, he went to grab her but failed as she swiftly dodges his arms and pushed him from the back.

Erik trips as he was pushed forward and immediately turn back around to be met by Anya who immediately grab his arm and brings it behind him, then using her body as force, she pushes him down with ease.

Erik lands in the grass with his right arm pinned behind by Anya who is straddling his back to keep him from standing back up.

"What in the world are you feeding these children Charles." Erik struggles to say as Anya release her grip on him so she could stand back up.

She reaches her hand out and pulls him up to help him stand "I've fought a lot of men before, even some that are bigger than me so tell me how on earth did I get pushed around by a kid?" he questions.

Anya chuckles "You just haven't fought a teenage girl yet." She smiles.

"Exceptional." Charles say walking towards them with a smile on his face.

"Don't worry Erik, you're not growing weak, Anya is just wise to use your own weight against her. And she's quick to caught you off guard.

...

After training, Anya was told that she could have the rest of the day to herself which she did by running to the library to choose her third book of the week then heading outside to the gardens to read it.

"Hey!"

Anya stops in her tracks and look up from her book to see Alex running towards her with a brown paper bag in his hand.

As he reaches Anya, she look down to the bag "What's in the bag?" She ask.

"Wow so no hey or hello for me?" He jokingly ask making Anya look up to him.

"Hello Alex." She deadpans as Alex smiles.

"Good girl." He smirks.

Anya freezes for a moment then she raise a brow at him "Really?" she asks.

Alex just shrugs and chuckle making her smile at his action "So what does Alexander the great need from a prisoner of murder."

Alex furrows his eyebrows "Hey now," he says sadly.

"What? it's true." She chuckles.

"Come on, take it back." He says seriously.

"What!? It's funny." She continues to laugh.

"Take it back right now." He repeats.

"Or what?" She smirks at him.

Alex stares at her for a moment then as he was about to speak, Anya runs past him and without wasting another second, he turns around and chase after her.

"Hey come back!" He shouts "You sneaky little -" He cuts himself off when he realized she disappeared from his sight.

"Right here Summers." Anya reveals herself from a bush beside him "So what's in the bag?"

"I'll only tell you if you agree to sit with me in the benches." He smiles.

"For what?" She questions.

"Lunch." He smiles as he holds up the bag to her.

...

Charles invited Anya to go with him to help Sean with his training. So later out in the day Charles, Erik, Anya and Hank were standing on top of a huge satellite with Sean wearing the same wings he wore last time.

They all look down to the ground and Anya widens her eyes at how high up they were but she isn't scared of heights, she's just scared for Sean.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Anya speaks up from beside Hank "I just don't wanna witness a death that's all."

"Well I trust you." Sean says pointing to Charles.

"Thanks." Charles reply.

"I don't trust him." Sean points to Hank.

"Say nothing." Charles tells Hank.

"I'm gonna die!" He shouts.

"Alright we're not gonna let you do something you don't want to do but-"

"Here let me help you." Erik cuts Charles off by pushing him without confidently pushing him off the edge.

"Erik!" Charles yells while Anya gasps lunging forward to see Sean.

"I guess I'm witnessing a murder." She purses her lips.

As Sean gets closer to the ground he began to hold firm on his arms for his makeshift wings to spread and he screams a very loud scream that lifts him off the ground.

Everyone cheered as he glides through the air, wailing from time to time.

...

The mutants and Moira all sat in the living room to hear the presidents address that was gonna be announced in the TV.

"It shall be the policy of this nation, to regard any nuclear missile crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States. Requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union"

"That's where we're going to find Shaw." Erik says as they all turn to him.

"How do you know?" Alex asks.

"Two super powers facing off and he wants to start World War Three" Charles answers. "He won't leave anything to chance."

Anya's heart starts to beat in fear of what's to come tomorrow, her hands begins to feel cold in nervousness and in the corner of her eye she could sense someone watching her.

"So much for diplomacy, I suggest you all get a good night's sleep" Erik adds before he exits the room.

×××