18

It's been two months since Anya and Alex saw each other and it's taking a toll on each of their hearts. Anya and her other mutant medic friends were transfered all the way to the main base where all the orders are made.

And as badly injured soldiers keep coming, Anya and her mates worked hard to get them out as soon as possible by fixing them up the best that they can at the moment.

It wasn't until the mutants and the non-mutant nurses were separated, that they were all able to breathe from never ending days of working.

At first they were confused since they were supposed to be preparing for another batch of injured soldiers, but as soon as their trusted commander walks in their tent and told them that it was mandatory, they decided to follow orders.

A man walks in in military uniform and gives them all a once over, his eyes lingering at Anya a little too long for her not to notice.

She furrows her eyebrows when two other men walks in and started placing briefcases on the table. They all wait and stare as they open the cases and take little bottles of serums and a bunch of syringes out of it.

Anya felt weird about the whole thing and turns to the private officer who was already staring at her.

"I thought we were supposed to run some tests?" She asks him.

"Your not going to run the tests, we're the one who's gonna run the tests on you." He tells her making her furrow her eyebrowse.

"For what?" She pushes even when they were told to not ask questions.

Something flashed in his eyes as he states at Anya and he immediately turn to his men "Continue with the tests, I'm going to have a word with miss Sawyer." He orders before grabbing Anyas arm to bring her out of the tent and into a different one.

Inside, Anya watches as he closes the curtain and waited for him to speak when he turn to her "Miss Sawyers I believe you were part of the mutant attack in Cuba?" he starts.

"It wasn't a mutant attack sir-"

"Don't spread your lies here!" He shouted making Anya flinch back.

He takes a deep breath and continue "I could have easily order my men to kill you with that information, but your beauty has somewhat caught my eye so I suggest you shut your pretty little mouth and do as I say." He tells her making her furrow her eyebrows while her body tenses up.

He takes a step towards her making her heart beat in fear having a thought of where this was going.

"Now repay your debt and strip." He orders.

"Fuck you." She spits before running past him to get to the curtain door.

Before she could reach it, two large hands grabs her shoulders, pulling her back and making her fall flat on the ground while he walks over her to pin her down to the floor.

"Wait till someone hears about this." She spat as he straddle her down with his hands pinning hers on top of her head.

"Oh but sweetheart, they're all on my side." He smirks, but it soon drop when she was able to kick his dick. He grunts in pain and kneel on her thigh making her scream at how painful he's pressing it down.

"Infact," He breathes out as he tries to use his one hand to remove his belt "The tests they're currently performing on your nurse friends is for them to stay unconscious for the ride."

"What ride?" She ask widening her eyes at the info.

"To a facility were they will be tortured and experimented on for Trask to create something extraordinary out of you useless fuckers." He spat with hatred.

Anya heard enough so she prepared herself before she headbutt his face resulting in her breaking his nose. They both groan in pain but Anya wasted no time and immediately uses all her strength to push him off her body.

She reaches for his handcuffs in his belt and grabs it to handcuff him to a metal pillar all while he tries to recover from his broken nose.

She regains herself as she stands up, and before he could reach it, Anya grabs the gun that fell next to him to point it at him.

"I heard about the Trask industries but I didn't know if it was real, being out here in the war and all

"I heard about the Trask industries but I didn't know if it was real, being out here in the war and all. So now that I know it is, you're going to tell me everything you know about it... Or don't, cause I won't hesitate to shoot." She tells him angrily.

"You wouldn't," He dared "You're just  scared little girl inside just like how you were in Cuba." He taunts.

She smirks making his face drop "Glad to say I've change all throughout this war." She says before clicking back the gun and pressing it down to his head.

"Now tell me!" She shouts.

"Fine!" He shouts in fear "All I know is that Trask just started this project and they are extending their project from kidnapping local mutants to taking from the army in every base that they can get their hands on." He spills making Anya widen her eyes.

Her mind immediately went to Alex making her heart skip a beat "How many bases have they already taken from? How many!?" She shouts making him flinch.

"This is the first one! The first one!" He shouts back in fear.

She steps back and exhale "You know your a fucking coward right?" She tells him.

"What?" He breathes out.

She smiles "Now spread those legs for me little boy." She smirks.

With fear in his eyes, he obeyed and do as she told. She then shoots his right knee making him scream in pain.

"Let's see you try to assault another girl with a knee like that." She spits before dropping the gun to run out of the tent before she gets caught.

She successfully reach her tent without gathering suspicion. When she enter the place she was shocked to see it already empty with not a single thing in place but the beds so she made her way out to see where they were.

She squint her eyes in the sun as she look up to see a large plane already up and leaving and with a sad heart, she knew she was too late and her friends was already captured.

She saw a couple of the military men walking towards her with guns in their grip and anger in their face so she immediately run to her tent and grab her bag from under her bed before rushing out and running away of the camps and in to the woods.

She wouldn't have escaped easily if it wasn't for her powers that left her hidden in the fields that separated the base from the trees.

She runs for her life with only a few things on her which was clothes, food and water but most importantly hers and Alex's precious cargo.

Unedited

Hey guys, thnx for reading if you like it please vote or comment to keep me motivated ^_^

This book is almost coming to an end, just a few chapters more and their story will be over :(

Do you guys think they'll have a happy ending? We all know we want one so...

Anyway byes for now.

-Lou