16

Walking along the quiet mansion, Anya sighs as she continues along the path to an unfamiliar hallway. This was her third time of walking around the mansion in the middle of the night, and she almost fully memorized the place if it wasn't until she wandered in an empty hallway that she didn't knew existed.

She has been having trouble sleeping due to sudden heaviness in her heart and the constant overthinking that keeps her up at night. The walks seem to distract her mind from the depressing thoughts and she noticed that it's starting to become a routine.

The sudden light from behind her, startled Anya to the point where she almost fell on her butt from jumping. She whip her head around and her eyes squint at the sudden brightness of a flashlight making it hard to see who it was.

As soon the person faces the light to the floor, Anya sighs at the sight of Alex in his plaid pj's and a black t-shirt, holding a flashlight in his hand as he looks at her in annoyance.

"I literally thought you got kidnapped." He says, not sounding pleased.

"I was just taking a walk." She replies calmly.

"In the middle of the night?" He ask in disbelief.

"Is that so hard to believe?" She raises her brow at him.

"This is the second night that I find your bed empty. Do you you know how scary that is?" He asks, gesturing his hand out.

"Well sorry for scaring you." She furrows her eyebrows as she walks forward and past him.

"Wait Anya," He sighs "I'm sorry, it's just- I was worried

"Wait Anya," He sighs "I'm sorry, it's just- I was worried." He says running his hands through his hair.

She stops just behind him and turns around to face him "Don't be," She sighs "I can see why you're worried... and I'm sorry, having no sleep changes me." She purses her lips.

"What's wrong?" He asks softly, taking a few steps till he reaches her "Tell me." He asks.

"I'm just having trouble sleeping this past nights." She admits as he wraps his arms around her making her lean into his embrace.

"I'm sorry." He says against her head.

"I've just been uncontrollably thinking a lot and you," She sighs "You're like the best thing that's happened to me and I can't help but think what if something happens or I don't know? I'm just constantly worried all the time and I-" She started burying her face into his chest as she fights some threatening tears.

"Hey hey its okay. I'm here, I'm right here, I'm not going anywhere." He assures her as he rubs her back with his hands.

"Nothing good ever lasts with me, they always find away to leave or die or worse." She tells him "I just don't want anything happening to you." She continues.

"Hey, I promise nothings gonna happen." He assures her. "Do you want me to stay with you in your room?" he asks as he turns the flash light off before sticking it inside his pocket.