Traps

Third Person

Dipper hadn't come down for dinner since his power outburst. Mabel was angry at Ford for making such a scene and not being reasonable. Dipper did have some points about his journal, especially with how it was destroyed. Why would anyone put in the effort to make small holes everywhere?

She was also embarrassed since Pacifica was in the living and basically heard everything. Mabel was concerned about Dipper's powers since they always go off when he becomes emotional.

A few days ago they were watching a movie and a poor dog died at the end. They were both emotional since they both felt bad for the dog.

Dipper's eyes turned blue and his tears were glowing. Mabel noticed and looked around her room to see her stuffed animals floating. When the movie was over and they both claimed down his eyes went back to normal and the stuffed animals were on the floor. Everyone went to sleep awkward, mad, or upset that night.

In the morning tensions were still a bit high. Dipper didn't come down for breakfast since Ford was there. Ford had been setting up traps all night and early morning. That was his coping mechanism for stress.

Mabel was silent during breakfast while Stan was trying to make conversation. He was mainly trying to figure out how to resolve the issue.

He knew he couldn't do it without Dipper. When Ford finished breakfast he left the kitchen.

"Mabel, I know you two aren't in the best mood," Stan muttered, "But today is the day that we're supposed to clean the shack."
"That's today?" Mabel said.
"Yes," Stan said, "I somewhat grounded Ford not to leave his lab."
"Do you think we destroyed Ford's book on purpose?" Mabel mumbled.
"I know you two didn't and even if you did I feel like you two would trust me enough to tell me," Stan admitted, "Also, I know we have a small magical bug problem. A year ago, Ford brought in knowledge bugs that eat information. They all escaped and we couldn't find all of them. Also, I don't think you two would put in that much effort into making a little."
"Magical knowledge bugs?" Mabel questioned.
"Yes, it was annoying and it ate my cookbooks," Stan sighed, "One of them was a gift from your mother before she left."
"You owned cookbooks?" Mabel said.
"Yes, it's a hobby of mine and I got better at cooking," Stan said.
"I'll go talk to Dipper," Mabel said.

Mabel started to walk up the stairs until she saw Dipper sitting at the top of the stairs. Mabel sat down next to Dipper and smiled softly.

"Did you hear anything from the kitchen?" Mabel asked.
"I heard everything since you and Stan talk loud," Dipper muttered.
"Are you up for cleaning the mystery shack?" Mabel asked.
"I mean we did promise him a few days ago," Dipper said.

The twins went down the stairs to help Stan clean the house. Originally, Ford was supposed to help but with yesterday's events that wasn't going to happen.

They all had their task to do. Mabel, Dipper, and Stan were all bonding and enjoying each other's company. When Dipper was getting the cleaning supplies he was stuck in a trap.

Waddles walked in and sat down. He stared at Dipper and knew he couldn't help since wasn't tall enough. Dipper was inside a net and made sure that none of his skin touched the net.

"Waddles, go get help," Dipper asked, "Please."
"Oink!"

Waddles quickly went to the living room and started to chew on Stan's slippers. Stan noticed and started to chase Waddles into the kitchen.