Chapter 1

Junquida and Liquidora have been at war with each other for 5 years. However, tonight, one nation will succeed in conquering the other in the most brutal way imaginable to this young prince.

At this moment Prince Jacobe is standing guard outside his mother's room, Queen Jazlyn, because she is giving birth to his baby sister, the future Queen of Liquidora. His Father, King Daniel, is at the front lines of the war trying to buy enough time for their daughter to be born and for his children to escape. 

Prince Jacobe is filled with worry because he does not know if he will be able to get away from the castle with his sister safely. Nor does he know if his parents will be spared from Kings Dezmond's wrath. As he was spiraling deeper into his fear a maid came from his mother's room looking for him.

"Prince Jacobe, Queen Jazlyn wishes for you to enter." With a nod to the maid, Jacobe enters the room. "Mother, is there anything you need me to do?" He asks while discretely checking for his sister.

"Jacobe, you have to promise me that you will keep Elnora safe."Queen Jazlyn says weakly. "She is the future of this kingdom. If she dies, this country will be destroyed."

Prince Jacobe studied his mother. He saw that she had unshed tears in her eyes and was shaking slightly. He couldn't imagine the amount of pain she must be going through but he was proud to be Queen Jazlyns son and the protector of the future Queen. When he answered, he let his pride show to her.

"I swear to always protect her, no matter what challenges we may face!" He declared.

The sound of his courage vibrated through her soul Queen Jazlyn shed a few tears but held the rest back. She started feeling weak and did not know if she would live through the night. If she were to die, Queen Jazlyn refused to let her son see it, he may be strong but he is only 15 years old.

Prince Jacobe already has to wonder if his father, King Daniel is alive seeing as he is on the front line, as well as how he will protect young Princess Elnora.

Queen Jazlyn stared at Elnora, remembering all her features. If she were to live long enough to meet her daughter again, she'd want to recognize her immediately.

At that thought, Queen Jazlyn started crying but she felt ashamed for crying in front of her son, so she held herself back and handed Princess Elnora to an older maid.

"Please protect them both. Two of our fastest horses are waiting for you on the East side of the castle. There are enough provisions for 10 days and 4 wallets full of coins. No fighting is over there so you should be safe. But I fear we may have spies in the castle. Trust no one. Ride East to King Caster's land. He will keep you all safe until you can come home again." Queen Jazlyn paused and looked at her son for her final message.

"Teach Elnora where she comes from but make sure your identities are never found out. Never forget how much we love you. Now go! You must be swift and careful I fear we have run out of time." At her final words, Queen Jazlyn turned her face from her children as tears streamed down her face.

Prince Jacobe and the maid hurried out of the room, but before the door was closed he said "I love you, mother."

The maid and Prince Jacobe raced down the corridor making sure to stay in the shadows so as to not be noticed.

They made sure to always check their surroundings to see if they were being followed. Once they made it to the East entrance, they noticed the 2 horses saddled up by the door. Prince Jacobe held Princess Elnora as the maid settled on her horse.

Once she was stable he gently passed Elnora to the maid.  "Ride safely with her." He warned before getting on his horse. When he was settled, he motioned for the maid to follow as they dashed through the courtyard. "Stay close! I see a rider! We have to lose him!" As Prince Jacobe shouted the warning, an arrow flew past him and hit the tree.