Chapter 9

Jacobe POV

When the heart hits the male knight's face he staggers. Slowly he lifts his right hand and wipes his mouth off.  He then looks at the blood on his hand and gets furious.

"I'm going to make you regret that,"  The male knight said. He raises his sword and continued walking toward me with caution.

I had a relaxed stance and gripped my sword with both my hands. We start slowly walking around each other. Careful not to trip over the female knight's corpse. Wanting to bait him, I step on her arm the next time I'm by her.  I never take my eyes off him so I can see the immediate change in his face.

His face hardens and he has a look of pure hatred on his face. Just looking at him gets my blood pumping. It's pumping so loud it's the only thing I hear. Not wanting to wait any longer, I lunge towards him, stepping on the fallen knight as I do.

That was that last straw for him as he lunges toward me as well. We meet in the middle, swords ringing from the impact of clashing together.

I kick him back in the stomach and he stumbles, trying to regain his footing. Not giving him time to recover, I rush towards him again slashing furiously. Since he hasn't regained his footing he struggles to keep up.

Then he catches me off guard by punching me in the face. The punch makes me take a step back, but I immediately return the punch and follow up with a slash to his stomach.

He manages to jump back, but not before getting a shallow cut. Not wanting him to get his bearings I use my right hand to make the earth rumble. It sends rippling waves all around him and he falls to the ground. I see my chance, and I make the earth shoot me in the air towards him like a catapult.

Before my sword can sink into his heart, he rolls over and only gets cut on his arm. Happy that the fight isn't over just yet, I pull a dagger from my belt and throw it at his eye.

However, he manages to use his sword to block it, sending my dagger falling to the ground uselessly.

"I'm so glad he was sent after us," I think as I switch my sword to my right hand. My blood is burning in my veins from excitement and as a result, my hand left hand is getting hotter. So hot the hilt of my sword was about to melt.

Quickly glancing at the sky, I see the sun rising and my blood gets hotter. As the sun rises my fire magic gets stronger, much stronger.