Chapter 7

Jacobe POV

Emily's scream reverberated through my body. I turned Ebony with a quickness that would have made another rider dizzy. I was pushing Ebony to run hard and fast and I only had one thought: Get to Emily and Elnora before it was too late!

As I was riding my anger spiked and my eyes burned intensely glowing green and red, making me able to see things I could not before. I saw three riders chasing after Emily and Elnora. Emily's arm was bleeding and one of the riders was shooting arrows at them. That scene infuriated me and I instinctively raised my left arm, making the ground send waves rippling through the to give Emily more distance from them.

I only wanted to get the riders away from them but unfortunately, Emily's stallion, Colbolt, stumbled in the process and slowed them down. However, the three riders were pushed back a lot. Their horses were unsteady and they were frantically trying to control them again. This helped me catch up to them in no time.

Letting my rage consume me, I chased the archer first as he was the most dangerous to Elnora and Emily. I held my sword with two hands and, with a scream, chopped her head off.

Her body went up in flames and fell to the ground. Her body was completely incinerated before it touched the ground.

My scream alerted the other two riders and they turned in time to see their companion burn to ashes. They charged at me simultaneously with their swords raised, ready to avenge the fallen archer.

I welcomed their charge and made Ebony run faster. I will make them pay for putting Elnora in danger! I'LL KILL THEM ALL! I thought.

One rider reached me first, by the looks of the uniform it was another female. However, she was a sword fighter and not an archer. I hope she is more of a challenge than the last one. She didn't have on a helmet so her hair flowed behind her. Whipping like an angry flag.

Once she was close enough, she swiped her sword in the air, aiming for my head. However, in my current heightened state, everything was moving in slow motion. Which gave me enough time to duck and examine her face.

Her skin was bronze and smooth and her eyes were a vibrant blue. If you looked close enough you could see freckles going across her nose and cheeks. Her skin would have been flawlessly smooth, except she had a scar. The scar started at the end of her left eyebrow and ended just below the jawline.

By the time I had finished looking at her, her companion swiped their sword at me as well. Had I been any regular soldier, their trick would have killed me. However, since I am the Protector of the future Queen, I am able to handle much more than this. Honestly, it's just sad that they were the ones sent after us.

I deftly lifted my sword to block, knocking theirs away. Looking at the one who just attacked me I could tell it was a male who was physically strong.

He was not wearing his helmet either so I could see his face clearly, and he was scowling fiercely at me. That made me more excited.