Chapter 37

Emily POV

Before the king came into the foyer there was a huge commotion in the left adjoining hall. I turn my head to see what's happening and I see servants moving guest out of the way. They are either pushing them aside gently or escorting them down the hall. when they are done, the walkway is clear and King Caster makes his way to us followed by a procession of counselors.

King Caster is a tall and handsome man. He was over six feet tall with curly dark brown hair cut short, hanging just below his ears. His eyes were a striking hazel and his face was unblemished. He had the typical look of a distinguished royal. His broad shoulders were donning a green, blue and gold cape. The type of cape that was typically worn when greeting another royal. This means he acknowledged that Prince Jacobe was indeed Prince Jacobe and not an imposter. It warmed my heart, until I took a closer look at his face.

King Caster wore a menacing scowl. He turned his head sharply to one of the counselors. The older man turned pale and whispered something furiously. The king did not reply, instead he merely dismissed the delegate. Without looking back at the man who was now leaving, the king turned his gaze towards us. His menacing scowl was replaced with a dazzling smile. If had not witnessed what I did, I would have assumed the king was a kind and gentle man. I gripped the basket tighter and took a small step back. Which warranted a look from Prince Jacobe. I subtly shook my head and I think he understood because her returned his attention back to King Caster, who had begun to speak.

"Thank you for showing up. Your arrival was earlier than expected. I could only assume thing have turned for the worse?" He asked in slightly hushed tone. Then in a louder tone he added, "Please, would you and your group follow me?"

Without waiting for a reply, he turned and walked away. Immediately, Prince Jacobe began walking and we followed him, with a polite distance between them. However, I was closer to them than the guards were, since i was carrying Princess Elnora.

We followed King Caster down the right hall towards a big office. By the minimum decoration, I could tell this wasn't his main office. His office was a stark contrast from the outside of the castle. The walls were a dark charcoal color. The main light source were the three massive floor to ceiling windows with white curtains. In the middle of the room lay a long mahogany table with thirteen black cushioned chairs. At the head of the table was the biggest chair which was a deep red, it almost reminded me of blood. The floor was carpeted to match the kings chair, but it was in a checkered pattern with black as the other color.

King Caster walked into the room and went to his chair and sat before everybody was even in the room. After King caster walked into the room, Prince Jacobe came in after, followed my me, Nancee, Grant, Nico, and the kings counselors. Since we were visitors in Tarnithia, we sat closer towards the end of the table. Prince Jacobe sat directly across the king. I sat to his right with Elnora on my lap. Nico sat to my right. Grant sat to Prince Jacobe's left and Nancee sat to his left. Once we were all in our seats, the kings counselors filled in the rest of the seats.

"Now that we are in a secured and private room, please allow me to welcome you to Tarnithia Prince Jacobe. I know your identity is a secret, so I thought it best to have this conversation elsewhere. First I would like to introduce someone to you might already be acquainted to, Stanley. Who is also the True King of Tarnithia."

Stanley enters the room and glances over at Prince Jacobe then clears his throat awkwardly.

Before Stanley spoke, Everett interrupts and says, "I always knew you we're hiding something, STANLEY".