Chapter 27

Stanley POV

I don't know if I should have agreed for  them to travel with us, but after the display of magic Everett demonstrated. So he must have been the one who skewered the others.

Honestly his powers are terrifying, but I want to know why he didn't just use his magic to get rid of his foes. There is something I'm missing. Now I'm happy they are coming, it will give me time to observe and question him and his companions.

After he sent the dead away by making the earth ripple like water, an amazing feat, we focused our gaze on the carriage before us. I'm amazed at how well he protected it and the horses. The carriage does have a few arrows, but otherwise unscathed.

Everett stood still a moment longer, probably making sure the bodies are well hidden. When he turned around he had a smile on his face like he was proud of what he accomplished. However, we could only look at him in awe and fear.

He then abruptly turned and walked around the carriage, and being curious, I followed.

"Who do you think is in the carriage?" I asked Mark and Jermain, my companions.

"Hmm, maybe a Lady? Or his family?" Jermain inquired

"Crap ... by ... aid ..."

I hear some mumbling behind us and turn to see Grant with a worried expression on his face. He's talking to himself then starts walking faster. He pushes past me brusquely, quickly catching up to Everett.

Wanting to see who was in the carriage to chase such a fuss, I speed up just in time to see Everett open the door. Inside I see a woman holding a baby and a man laying on the ground wounded or dead.

Everett was momentarily frozen before he sprang into action helping the woman and child. Upon closer inspection the woman looked sick, she was pale and clamy. As if she would faint ant any given moment.

Grant and the female soldier rushes to the injured man, trying to ascertain of he were still alive. Hoping for the later to be true, I step back not wanting to overstep my bounds. I will be here if they want my assistance.

Instead I turn to my men and address them.

"First I want to say, you were amazing in the fight. I know it was last minute and we were gravely outnumbered, but you managed to come back alive with minor injuries. As you heard, I have agreed to let them travel with us. I will need one of you to go tell Madam Merlinia of this and that it's safe to come this way. Once we are reunited with the caravan we well be keeping an eye on Everett and his people. I know they are hiding something and I want to know why they were attack on a scale that large. It will take a couple days to reach the capital, so if you need to rest to regain your strength, don't hesitate to do so." I paused to give them time to process everything I said.

"As you can see, the sun will be setting soon, however, due to dangers we will not be staying in this country  a moment longer than necessary. Be sure to tell the Madam that we will be traveling at an increased speed. Anyone who cannot keep the new pace should be in the wagons. Primarily the children and elders. We will not make camp until we are well beyond the border. That's all for now. Who will be the one going?" I continued.

I look to both Mark and Jermain expectantly to see who would talk to Madam Merlinia. After a few seconds Jermain sighed and stated he would go. I laughed and happily clapped his back a couple times. He grunted and walked away mumbling. Probably about how he always is the one that has to do the errands. I chuckled then turned back to see what was happening with Everett and his people.