Ch.6 Deadly Life Part 7: Of Secrets

Fujiko

"Guys, hold on a second," Yuu jumps to start talking. "Before we forget any of that, can we please write down everything we remember hearing in those... uh... Free Time Events? I know some of it is personal, but we heard Sora Yamamoto's name, and I'm sure that wasn't the only important part!"

We look to Gou, whose little clip seemed like one of the most personal. He nods. "So be it," Azumi sighs. We start working together to make sure we don't forget anything. It's super duper weird that we kept falling asleep and waking back up at the same times, but I feel like we'll probably understand that more later.

TRUTH BULLET: FREE TIME EVENT CLIPS

"This is looking good. We can probably start actually discussing all of this now," Ren nods.

I try to make my voice strong. "Okay! We should–"

"Oh! I do want to clarify something real quick," Monokuma cuts me off, and without thinking, I clench my fist in frustration. "I said that there's no time limit, and that's true... but also, you can't leave this room until you figure everything out and reach an ending... and I won't be bringing food. Puhuhu! Isn't that just so wonderfully awful?"

Yuu's hand goes to his stomach and the color drains from his face. "Shit, I knew you were gonna kill us if we didn't win, but your plan is to starve us? You're not even gonna make it quick?"

"Oh, relax, you baby. It takes ten days on average to die of starvation, so if you drag this out that long, you're seriously more incompetent than I thought! Though, this will get less pleasant the longer you take."

"Do you intend to let us sleep?" Ren asks.

"Hmmm... why not? I don't want to stay up for days on end either. Besides, sleep deprivation can cause cognitive rigidity, memory issues, problems making decisions... none of that is conducive to a fun class trial."

"I do not understand why you are suddenly being so... merciful. I assumed you would be far more vengeful and malevolent given your history of behavior toward us."

"Hey, hey, hey! What could you possibly mean by that? You know all about Danganronpa, little missy, so you should know how lenient I've been this whole time! My punishment for guys entering the girl's bathroom and vice versa is being temporarily locked out of your dorm. Hell, I've let people take naps outside their dorms consequence free multiple times! I bet you even forgot that was a rule!" he rants.

"Sure, you did that. But you also mentally tormented us for months and set up a whole fake trial so you could execute someone and get us to keep murdering," Gou points out.

"We'll get to that soon, though. I've always been curious why you try to act so chummy with us when you obviously just want to hurt us, but I bet we'll understand that a lot more once we unmask you," Chimon says. He stands up straight and points all dramatic like he's taking charge.

I take advantage of the way he steers the conversation to finally get a word in. "Okay! We should probably start with the obvious."

Ren huffs. "What's obvious about this?"

"Don't get your kickers in a twist," I warn.

"Erm, Fujiko... It is 'knickers.' The 'k' is silent and there is an 'n' after it," Azumi corrects me gently.

"Sorry. Point is, we know something." After I say this, my enthusiasm goes away. "I have literally no idea how or why, but I think we're like ninety percent sure sweet little Hachi is involved in this... Right?"

"I suppose we've no choice but to make that assertion. She somehow prophesied the passageway in the office lights. A memory of hers is very likely the meaning of WDR. Most urgently, however, we saw and heard her state the name Sora Yamamoto– in reference to herself, no less!" Her eyes are squinty, like she's having a hard time believing it.