Chapter 5

Louis' POV

As we made our way inside the house I emerged from a couple of minutes ago, Lottie led us into the sitting room where the other three were. Immediately, there were growls irrupting from both the alphas who were positioned in front of the other omega. Their actions put me on high alert and I made sure to position myself in front of Lottie again. However, that did not seem to be as effective this time seeing as she moved around me and went to them. 

"Zee, Li, it's okay, Louis is not a threat to Niall, promise. He was just confused, waking up in a strange place surrounded by strangers. He was just trying to protect me. But I promise he will not hurt any of you. Just give him a chance to get to know you three and I promise you all will be the best of friends!" Lottie spoke to them in a soft tone. 

I didn't know what to say because the truth is, I will do whatever it takes to protect my sister, even if that means taking on every alpha out there. 

"Okay, why don't we all take a seat and relax for a moment so we can talk and clear up some confusion," Harry said, being the first of the alphas to speak up and attempt to break the hostile tension in the room. 

I promised Lottie that I would try and a part of me also knew that Lottie and I were safe with the triplets around, I can't quite put my finger on what it is that makes me trust them and feel safe around them though. I went to the chair that was furthest away from everyone and took a seat. My actions seem to help ease the other alphas a bit because they stopped growling, however, they still looked tense and ready to fight at a moment's notice if necessary. Lottie just smiled at the whole thing. 

"Okay, I am here and sitting now can someone please explain to me what is going on? Why are we here?" I asked, looking around the room waiting on someone to answer me but no one did which was very frustrating. 

"Lou, you were injured from the fight with that rogue alpha. You passed out while you were running. I carried you as far as I could but I could go too far. I was so scared I had no idea what to do. Then Zayn and Liam came. I didn't know what to do. At first I thought they were a threat but I promise they are not! They went and got Niall, their omega, in order to try to help calm me down and bring me safety... comfort. Harry also came along and helped us. He carried you back on his back. I know you have told me not to trust anyone but I promise you none of them are a threat. You have been unconscious for almost a week now recovering. It has been the scariest time of my life but everyone here has taken such good care of me and you for that matter," Lottie said looking me in my eyes trying to get me to understand. 

"You say that but I saw him. Omega or not, he was chasing you in his wolf form for god sake, Lottie! That is not someone you can trust!" I argued. 

"No, no, Louis! You have it all wrong! He was just playing! Niall would not hurt a fly! Look at him Lou, he is the softest person ever!" she yelled, pointing at the three wolves from earlier. 

I turned to them and immediately saw the omega pressed against his alphas with his head lowered and his arms around himself. He really did look harmless. While I was looking at him, his alphas started growling at me. Instinctively I positioned myself in front of Lottie. 

"Zee, Li it's okay I promise, right, Lou?" 

I looked back to my sister and could tell that she was telling the truth about them. I don't know if it was the fact that I truly could tell that these people could be trusted or if it was because I just didn't have it in me to be able to fight anymore or a little bit of both but I reluctantly sighed and nodded, "It's okay. I won't hurt you, I promise," I said, looking at the three, "Niall, I am sorry that I hurt you. I was just scared for my sister, it is my job to protect her against any and everyone no matter what."