Chapter 3: Saving Lives? Yea Right

(Lily's Pov)

The next day, I fluttered my eyes open to the sound of my phone alarm going off like every other day. I sighed and groaned as I hit snooze and yawned tiredly not really wanting to move let alone get out of bed...I rolled my eyes as I sat up and rubbed my face tiredly.

I looked seeing it was 7am which made me sigh a bit, I didn't really sleep well last night, like again every other fucking night because well, my life is shit, my body and mind hate me and no matter how much sleep I get or how exhausted I am, it just doesn't seem to matter...

Nothing ever matters with me...can't sleep, can't eat, can't look at myself in the mirror...I can't breathe, I can't live...Why the fuck am I still here? What purpose do I fucking serve? I'm not a fucking hero, I'm nothing...

I shook my head and sighed as I hopped out of my bed stretching and yawning. I headed to my dresser to get ready for work as I hopped out of my pj's and into regular jeans and cropped long sleeve shirt because why bother anymore? I just am tired of everything, I'm tired of caring, I'm tired of trying, I'm tired of talking and living and breathing...I'm just so goddamn tired...I brushed my hair, put on a beanie, slid on my shoes and headed to my kitchen to make some coffee and try to eat something since I have a bad habit of not eating...but my stomach's always in too many knots to try and eat anything so...

I sighed as I brewed some coffee and just grabbed a granola bar since its all my stomach can handle. When coffee was done, I grabbed my travel mug, poured in my coffee and headed off to work...just another day fighting Meta's and supposedly saving lives...

When I got to work, I walked in seeing everyone but Barry because once again he works for CCPD and doesn't gets here until we spot and hunt down Meta's or until I can't handle it which most times I can but most times I can't, ''Wassup Frosty?" Cisco asked, I just smiled tiredly ''Is that my nickname from you, Frosty?" I asked with a small smirk, ''Yep but only I get to call you that'' He said with a small wink which made me blush shyly.

I sipped my coffee as I walked over to Caitlyn ''Hey Snow'' I said, she looked at me and smiled, ''Snowflake how are you?" She asked, ''Tired but I'm okay'' I said, she frowned a bit ''Have you been sleeping well?" She asked, since they know everything, they're always looking out for me and they know me better than I really know myself so..."I don't really know. But no matter how much I sleep, I'm still exhausted" I said with a tired sigh.

Caitlyn just smiled sadly and rubbed my back ''So did you get rid of or hide my records from the computer?" I asked, she gave me a disappointed smile ''I'm afraid not Snowflake. It's confidential. I can't get rid of records once they're in the system'' She said, I just sighed and gave her a small smile ''Well thanks anyways'' I said sipping my coffee and waited for a Meta to appear.

A few minutes later the computer beeped signaling a Meta was around, ''Meta alert'' Cisco stated, ''Who is it and where?" I asked as I finished my coffee and went to put on my suit ''His name is Tony WoodWard. It's said he fell into vat of molten steel when the Particle accelerator exploded'' Caitlyn said, I just nodded, "So he's what? Part steel?" I asked, "I guess so" Cisco said, ''Where is he now?" I asked walking out of STAR Labs and turning on my coms.

There were a few clicks of a computer, ''Well he knows Barry and Iris West really well. They all went to the same grade school together and as an adult, Tony has had a record of violence, petty theft, assault, but apparently those habits started way back when he was a juvenile. He's heading into Jitters'' Wells said, I thought for a moment as my eyes widen a little ''That's where Iris works'' I stated as I used my wind powers and glided through the air to CC Jitters since i'm much faster that way.

When I got there, I glided in having people look at me with confusion. I looked and saw Tony talking to Iris who looked very uncomfortable I may say. She looked up at the tv screen to see his mug shot out for his arrest. She tried to discreetly call the police but Tony heard the tv in the background and sighed as he crunched her phone and looked back seeing me,