Chapter 18: Everything Will Be Okay...I Promise

(Lily's Pov) *A Few Weeks Later*

After a while, things were getting pretty frustrating if not intense at the hospital. Not only did it suck being stuck in a bed 24/7 it sucked to not being able to move or go shower, let alone go to the bathroom by myself. I was hooked to a catheter 24/7 while a nurse had to come change it every once in a while.

I wanted to move around so badly that I tried to move despite everyone's warnings but god did I feel so heavy and weighed down...it fucking sucked. Let's just say I was getting irritated and upset at everything because recovery was a pain in the ass but I knew there was nothing I could do until I was better...it just sucked...but then again no one got mad at me for feeling the way I feel, they knew it was going to be hard for me for a while but they were still here and kept reassuring me that things would soon be okay.

But there were some good things that came out being stuck at the hospital. My friends would stop by and tell me about their adventures taking down the metas and the ridiculous names Cisco came up with. He would also bring over his laptop so we could watch movies which was sweet of him.

Lisa would always surprise me with cute clothes she stole during shopping that she said would look cute on me which was sweet of her even though she stole them but I can't blame her for using her seduction to get away with things.

We would all play a bunch of board/card games which ended up in someone cheating or me always winning. It always made me smile and laugh because for a card/board game everyone was so tense and frustrated but it was fun and I was just glad everyone did everything they could to make me feel better and not bored all the time.

I was doing so much better with my speech already and my movement of my arms so it was easier to hug people and eat which of course I ate a lot despite the hospital food not tasting great even though my friends would bring me over Big Belly Burger from time to time which I can't believe I missed how good their food was. I was just glad I had an appetite again and didn't care how much I ate because you never realize how hungry you are till you're unconscious and bedridden in a hospital for almost a month.

My doctor had finally sent a physical therapist my way to help get my strength back up in my legs and other muscles. She would help me with more arm strength by doing basic stretches and holding of heavyish items for a certain period of time. After that was more back and body stuff which she had me just sitting up on the edge of the hospital bed with no back support which looked harder than it sounded because everywhere was just still so weak from not being able to move for weeks on end.

After that would be leg work which she'd have me put my legs on the side of the bed and just lift them up as high as I could and sometimes leave them there for a minute or so. Then she'd have me kick which wore me out so much. My body just felt so sore and ached but I knew it was helping...I was still told I'd be doing this for a couple more weeks until I was fully able to get back on my feet which sucked but it is what it is.

Eventually I didn't need be on oxygen anymore, nor a catheter since I'd have Lisa help me walk to the bathroom which was a bigger step that I wasn't really supposed to do yet but I won't tell if you won't. But all in all, I was glad that everyone was still here with me no matter what happened...I've had my ups and downs but I wasn't alone and that I was grateful for...

The cycle of waking up, eating, getting vitals and wounds checked, getting some fresh air by wheelchair, therapy, physical therapy, lunch, hangout time, more fresh air, more psychical therapy until dinner and then sleep continued for a couple of weeks. The doctors had cleared me of harming myself again and had asked if I wanted to try a new medication...tbh I was a little afraid because of the first ones and how they made me feel so I declined and resumed with the therapy they had me scheduled for which I was doing everyday for about an hour.