Chapter 14: Falling Back Into Old Habits

(Lily's Pov) *TRIGGER WARNING*

I jolted awake with a panic deep within my chest. My heartbeat so fast and so hard against my ribs that it made it hard to breathe. I panted breathlessly as I looked around seeing nothing but the darkness which just made the panic rise higher not knowing what happened after THAT happened. My head began to pound feeling my brain throb within my skull. Sweat glistened on my forehead and on my palms as the tears streamed down my face.

I had hoped it was all a nightmare, I had wished it was nothing but a nightmare but it wasn't, it was all real...that actually happened...I-I can remember it all, I can remember everything...God I wish I didn't...My bottom lip quivered as I sobbed uncontrollably. My body convulsed with each heartbreaking sob I took. I felt someone wrap their arms around me which made me gasp as I looked to see it was just Mick.

I remember his smell, felt his strong, warm embrace which made me feel warm and fuzzy but I just couldn't stop crying or thinking back to what all happened...One minute I was finally happy, I had my siblings, the love of my life and I was finally going back to work with my friends then the next thing you know, my father got out of prison, kidnapped me and Leo, put a bomb in mine and Lisa's necks and used me...

He used me like some freak to get him whatever the hell he wanted and I couldn't say or do a DAMN thing knowing he would kill my siblings...he would kill me. I hurt Barry, I hurt my friends...I can remember it all, I remember the sheer terror I was in, I couldn't speak, I couldn't move, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't eat or sleep...He hurt me...again...he hurt my family...again...

I snapped back to reality by my bedroom lights being turned on as Lisa and Leo entered my room. I blinked a few times and panted breathlessly. Mick rubbed my head and back as he rocked us back and forth trying to get me to calm down. My vision blurred over, my ears were ringing, my head continued to pound, I couldn't hear a damn thing...I just wanted to die, I wanted this to be over, I can't go over this again...I can't, I can't...

I gripped onto Mick's arms tightly and trembled in his embrace. He kissed my head as my siblings sat next to us on my bed and tried to help comfort me and calm me down, "Shshsh Princess it's okay. You're okay. He's not here anymore, it's going to be okay" I heard Mick coo. He pressed my head against his chest which made me close my eyes as I heard his steady heartbeat in my ears.

He took a deep breath which made me sniffle as I tried to follow his breathing. I coughed a bit unable to breathe feeling my throat throb from all the crying and yelling. I saw Lisa walk out to probably get me water and tissues. I sniffled and coughed again which made Mick pat my back a bit to help relieve the pressure.

When Lisa came back, she handed me tissues which made me blow my nose till I could breathe better. When I could breathe a little better, I grabbed and drank the entire glass of water, just feeling so immensely thirsty like I haven't drank anything in days which was kinda true along with eating...Haven't been able to do that in god knows how long and god knows when I'll be able to again...Fuck this shit man.

I sighed and wiped my face of sweat and tears. I put my shaky hands on my chest to feel my fluttering, somewhat fast heartbeat still beating. I sighed still feeling the tears fall from my face which made me sniffle some more. Mick cupped my cheeks and made me look at him "You are alright Princess. We are all right here. We're okay. Nothing bad will ever happen again" Mick reassured,

I sniffled and nodded as he wiped away the fallen tears from my eyes. He kissed my head and pulled me into another hug which made me sigh as I felt my heartrate slowly starting to slow down and go back to normal. No one said anything until I pulled away from Mick and wiped my tear-stained face, "W-what happened?" I asked, "After yesterday, you passed out from exhaustion and just brought you home" Leo said,