Chapter 19: Better Man

(Lily's Pov)

After last night, me and the others pretty much fell asleep in the living room just watching movies which was pretty fun. We watched a whole range of movies from horror to comedy to action and even romance. It was pretty funny how the boys reacted to most of it. We shared lots of laughs and smiles and it was just an amazing night.

The next morning, I fluttered my eyes open to the sun shining through my living room windows. I sighed and groaned as I turned my head the other way just wanting to go back to sleep. To be honest, this was the best sleep I ever got since being in the hospital, you have no idea how good I feel after that...man.

I sighed as I felt a presence underneath me which made me look to see I was ontop of Mick who was still asleep. I blushed and smiled shyly as I was halfway on his torso while I was between his legs. His arms were securely around me which made me feel warm, fuzzy and just safe.

I sighed in content and just lied there with him and snuggled into the blanket that was ontop of us. I looked to see both Leo and Lisa still asleep as well since Lisa was lying on the chair and Leo wounded up on the floor which made me giggle softly. I looked at the time to see it was a little after 9am which made me sigh a bit.

I lied with Mick for a couple more minutes until I carefully and quietly got up from his arms. I groaned feeling a bit dizzy and lightheaded which I was told would be normal for a while due to my brain and my muscles still so that was something to get used to. I sighed as I made sure not to step on Leo and placed a blanket over his sprawled-out body.

I smiled and shook my head as I weakly walked to the kitchen and started to brew some coffee. I took a deep breath before grabbing some mugs from my cabinet. I sighed and leaned against the counter for support from feeling lightheaded and dizzy...man this shit sucks.

Once I was fine, I didn't realize the others had woken up until I felt arms around my waist. I smiled knowing it was Micky because I could smell him from miles away...give you a hint he smells like a campfire and alcohol pretty much 24/7...so you get the idea. I looked back and sighed a bit "Good Morning" I whispered, he kissed my shoulder and up to my neck which made me blush shyly "Morning. You alright?" he asked,

I just nodded "just winded is all" I said, he just nodded and kissed my head "You didn't need to get up" he said, I shrugged "It's okay. I gotta push myself sometimes. Plus, you were all sleeping and I wanted to surprise you with coffee" I said, Mick smiled and leaned against my back with content which made me take a deep breath and just enjoy his warmth, his presence and just him...

Ya know after meeting Micky; I never knew he had this side to him. I've always known him as the broody, arsonist who didn't really care much about things...but getting to know him, allowing him into my life and knowing everything about him, you get to see a whole new side of him...I know for him and for Leo it took some time to get used to because being criminals and all you have this reputation and behavior to uphold...

But deep down, they're regular people too with regular normal human feelings like happiness, sadness, anger, love...I mean you truly don't see that in most people and in most criminals but knowing my siblings and being related to them you get to see most other criminals from a different perspective...

But being with Mick, despite my commit not live attempt and all my setbacks, he's made me the happiest person I could ever be and that's not really something you normally get from a criminal...but he's a better man...he's a great man once you get to know him and I'm just so glad that he's mine and that he loves me the way I love him...

He's just the best I could ever have and there's nothing or no one I'd rather be with than him...He's my everything and I can't thank him enough for everything he's done for me...even being there for me when I was at my lowest...I'd expected him to leave but he didn't...and he's just been so great...