Chapter 11: OverlyProtective

(Mick's Pov)

I woke up early in the morning due to a certain someone just staring at me which was weird. Lily was tracing her fingers along the lines of my burns and frowned a bit. I had asked what was wrong before slowly waking myself up. She shook her head and said nothing even though she was definitely thinking of something.

I brushed her crazy hair out of her face and stated that something seemed to be bothering her. She traced her fingers more along my burns and asked if they hurt which made me nod. She frowned as I grabbed her chin and made her look at me. I told her I was fine and that she didn't need to worry her pretty little head about me.

She nodded as I brought her face closer to mine. She told me she loved me and I said the same and we kissed which I liked doing believe it or not. Without thinking, I asked if she wanted to go out tonight which made her blush and smile, agreeing to it. Lily hopped out of bed and stretched and yawned saying she was going to make some breakfast.

I remained on the bed for a few moments because I hated the mornings and hated waking up. But eventually, I got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen seeing the other Snarts. I walked up to Lily and kissed her head before getting myself a cup of coffee. I sat by the others at the table while Lily grabbed herself some breakfast.

Lisa complimented that we were cute together which was weird of her to say. Leonard of course was also weirded out that I'm not only his partner but am dating his baby sister...and knowing Leonard, something is bound to happen soon. Lily hummed a bit which Leonard stated that she was quite happy this morning.

She had mentioned we had a date which made Lisa fawn over us again and asked what we had planned which we didn't get far into doing. I told her dinner because you can't go wrong with food. Leonard said it was weird to see me like this which made me confused on what he's talking about and he said being happy like it was such a disgusting word for him...I mean I didn't really like it either but I loved Lily truly and nothing's gonna change that...it doesn't mean I've gotten soft...it's only to her I'm soft too...I still like burning things.

After breakfast, Lily went to go shower and get dressed while me and the others went on to plan some future heists. We cleaned and tinkered with our guns, counted our money and jewels we can pawn in for money. After a while, Lily came down wearing overalls with a t-shirt that was cute on her.

Lisa asked Lily to try on some of the jewelry which she passed. I couldn't help but just stare at her which made her smile at me. I asked where she was going and she said she was gonna hang out with Team Flash before our date tonight. I nodded as I walked up to her and pecked her lips which made her blush and smile softly.

I grumbled an I love you before she headed out to see them "I don't know how I feel about that" Leonard said, I glared at him "What?" I asked, "Nothing" he sighed and went back to counting money. I looked at Lisa who frowned and shrugged which made me groan as I went back to tinkering with my gun.

When Lily had gotten back, I didn't even realize what time it was until Lily said she was going to get ready for our date which made me stop what I was doing even though I was drinking beer and watching tv. I got up from the couch and headed to my room to change which I wasn't sure what to wear and had no idea where to even take her out for dinner.

I groaned as I just threw whatever I saw on and thought of the restaurants around here. The only one I could think of that had good food was Big Belly Burger so why not eat there? When I finished getting dressed, I walked up to Lily's room and knocked on the door. I heard her say come in which made me enter to see she was wearing jeans with a cute cropped top.

I asked if she was ready which made her nod as we headed out of the house. Lily asked if we were walking or taking the motorcycle then I smirked and asked if she was up for a drive around town after dinner. She giggled and nodded as I put the helmet on her head because I'm more protective of her than I am of me.