Chapter 15: Suffering In Silence

(Mick's Pov)

My eyes shot open to the sound of screaming. I was stunned and confused that it had woken me up, until I realized it was Lily screaming in her sleep. I remembered what had happened yesterday and quickly shot up to see Lily sobbing and trembling with fear which made me frown as I quickly gathered her tightly in my arms. I tried calling out her name but I'm sure she couldn't hear me over the sound of her sobbing.

I said nothing and sighed as I heard her siblings walk in and turn on the lights. Lily stopped crying as soon as she saw her siblings walk through the door and sit on the edge of the bed. She panted breathlessly which made me frown as I rubbed her head and back while rocking us back and forth a little bit to help calm her down. She gripped onto my arms tightly and continued to tremble with fear. It hurt my heart to see her in so much pain...I never knew my heart could ache so much for this woman...It was weird but I genuinely loved this girl and seeing her so hurt made me hurt...It was a weird feeling to get used to but I would do anything to see her smile again.

I kissed her head as the others tried to help comfort her as well. I reassured her that she was okay and that her father was gone forever. I then pressed her head against my chest so she could hear my calm heartbeat which should regulate her heartbeat seeing as I've helped her in many anxiety situations before so I tended to pick up a few things, I'm not as stupid as people think I am.

I took a deep breath which made her sniffle as she tried to follow my breathing which was good that she was trying to do given the circumstances. She coughed a bit feeling unable to breathe from all the crying she endured which made me look at Lisa to signal her to get Lily tissues and water. She nodded as she got up from the bed and headed out of the room to get her a glass of water and some tissues.

Lily sniffled which made me pat her back to help relieve some of that pressure. When Lisa came back, she handed Lily the tissues and water which seemed to have help some which was good. After that, she wiped her face of sweat of tears and put her shaky hands on her chest to probably feel the rhythm of her heartbeat. I saw more tears fall from her face which made me frown as I cupped her cheek and made her look at me. I reassured her again that we're all okay and were safe which made her nod as I wiped away the fallen tears from her cheeks.

I kissed her head and pulled her into another hug which made her sigh and soon enough calm down. No one had said anything until she pulled away from me and wiped her face. She had asked what happened as if she forgot what happened yesterday or what happened after she passed out. Leonard just told her she passed out and we brought her home whereas she slept peacefully that night.

Lisa asked what happened with her as in what was going on with all the screaming in which Lily replied with she knew everything that happened and just had a nightmare about it. She could remember everything that man did and no matter how much she wanted it to be a nightmare, it wasn't and that broke my heart even more is knowing she has to go through this all over again...

I had this gut feeling that didn't sit right with me. Something just felt so wrong. I felt so worried and concerned for Lily and what might happened or what she might do. Lisa had told her that she was stronger than she knew and that she won't be alone this time knowing she has all of us and Team Flash.

She just nodded and began to space out which made me sigh a bit "I got her. Why don't you both start breakfast" I said to the other Snarts. They nodded as they got off the bed and headed out of the room to go get breakfast started even though Lily might not eat even though she has to because of how pale and ill she was slowly becoming.

I gently caressed her cheek which seemed to have snapped her from her thoughts as she blinked a few times and let out a few shaky breaths. I knew she was thinking about something and I knew she also probably didn't want to talk about it, so I just frowned and wiped away the fallen tears.