Chapter 7: Why Am I Feeling This Way?

(Lily's Pov)

I fluttered my eyes open weakly and groggily to see that I was downstairs on the couch. I groaned as my head began to pound which made me hiss in pain. I rubbed my head and blinked a few times letting my eyes adjust to my surroundings. I was confused to why I was downstairs until I felt a stinging sensation in my wrists.

I hissed and then remembered which made me frown a bit. I sat up from the couch and looked around to see Mick right next to me. My eyes widen as my face flushed as I guess I must've fallen asleep on him...oh goodness. Mick chuckled a bit "Morning Icy" he greeted while sipping his coffee. I smile shyly "Morning" I whispered, as I yawned tiredly and stretched a bit "D-Did I sleep on you all night?" I asked, Mick groaned a bit and nodded which made me blush with embarrassment "S-Sorry" I whispered, he shook his head "don't worry about it. I wanted you to sleep as much as possible" He said,

I smiled shyly "Th-thanks" I whispered, he nodded as I got up and stretched a bit. I headed to the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee. The house was strangely quiet which made me confused as I headed back to the living room with my coffee in my hands "where's Leo and Lisa?" I asked, "out" he said, I just nodded already knowing what that means...

Not gonna lie, after what I did, they just still go out and rob things anyways? I mean don't they care about me? Aren't they worried about me? I thought they loved me...but why again did they abandon me to go rob people? I knew I should've have trusted them...I knew this would happen again and of course I'm so stupid to continue to fall for it.

I frowned as I sat by Mick on the couch "How come you're not with them?" I asked, his eyes widen a bit, he looked confused "Well Boss said I had to look after you, plus you did fall asleep on me so. But I didn't mind" he said with a shrug, I smiled bashfully "Thanks" I whispered, he just nodded as it went quiet for a moment.

I sipped my coffee and sighed as I looked to see blood seeping through my bandages. I frowned a bit and rubbed the bandage softly and hissed a bit "How's the wrist?" He asked, I sighed "Stings" I whispered and looked to see I needed new bandages...didn't think I went that deep...guess that's what pain does to ya...you just never know how far you'll go before it's too late.

I took a deep breath "I think I need to change the bandage" I said, Mick sighed a bit "Come with me" he said as he got up and headed to the bathroom. I tilted my head to the side in confusion but shrugged as I got up and followed Mick. I saw Mick rummaging through the cabinets and drawers to find a first aid kit.

I furrowed my eyebrows a bit...was he...Taking care of me? Like actually taking care of me? Or is he just mindlessly following my brother's orders who couldn't even be here right now to do it himself? Hmm...I wonder...Whatever it was, I couldn't help but feel a certain way about him...

I don't know what it was but I felt safe around him. He made my heart and stomach flutter and face feel warm and red...I don't know why he's got this tug on my heart but I can't seem to shake it off no matter what I do...

Mick grabbed my wrist unexpectedly which made flinch and whimper a little as I pulled my hand away and held it close to my chest, Mick's eyes widen a little "shshsh it's okay" he cooed as he gently held his hand out for me to grab. I looked in his eyes to see nothing but pure compassion and kindness, like he really wanted to try and make me feel better.

I gently set my hand on his which made him smile subtly as he gently took the bandages off to see 5 deep, jagged cuts across my wrists stained with dried blood. Mick frowned solemnly as he gently grazed them with his thumb which made me hiss a bit. His eyes widen as he said nothing but turned on the faucet and grabbed a rag.

He wet the rag and gently dabbed my wrists trying to clean off the dry blood, "I-I'm sorry" I whispered, he looked at me and said nothing as he continued to gently clean my hands. It was quiet as no words were exchanged between either of us. My heart raced and stomach churned as he still held onto my hand so gently as if I could break from a single touch.