Sant Jordi's Day

A/N : Two chapters tonight, I'll give you more tomorrow ☺️ enjoy

The next morning, I arrive at La Masia at 9.45 am and go to the video room where I see Jona speaking with one of our assistant coaches.

"Almost beat me at it." Alexia hugs me from behind and gives me a cup of coffee.

"My favourite, you're the best." I smile and happily drink my coffee. "So, what did you see that can help us getting better, captain?"

"Let's sit, I'll show you." She smiles back and leads me to the big screen.

"Hello, ladies." Jona winks at us. "Ready to work on Sant Jordi's Day?"

"Always." I smirk back and we start.

            We spend two hours talking about the good plays we've made and how we could be even better. We spot some weaknesses in the Wolfsburg defense and try to imagine how they could improve so we'll be able to adjust our game.

"Are you hungry?" Alexia finally asks while Jona leaves the room.

"A little bit, yes." I nod. "Do you want to eat something before training?"

"Sure, let's order something healthy and we can eat near the field." She agrees.

            We do as she says, and we wait for our food to arrive. Then, we go to the field and eat peacefully talking about our lives.

"And so, still no one in sight?" Alexia wonders.

"No, still no one." I shrug. "You guys seem more desperate to set me up with someone than I am."

"That's sadly true." She confesses in a laugh. "I just want to see you happy."

"I am, Ale." I reassure her. "I've never been this happy, and maybe at some point I'll find someone to share this happiness with, but I don't want to rush anything."

"I get that." She sips on her drinks. "You'll tell me first if you do have a crush or anything, right?"

"Yes, love, you'll be the first one to know, with Ana maybe." I chuckle.

"Fair." She smiles. "Do you think she will renew?"

"I hope so, but honestly, with the entire Mapi thing, the injury and all, I think she might need to see something else. But she hasn't made her mind yet." I explain.

"I'll be saddened if she leaves, she is one of the greatest people I know." Ale confesses.

"It'll break my heart..." I look down. "But her happiness comes first."

"This summer will be eventful..." She chuckles sadly. "Ana, Jenni, Lieke, Leila, Mel..."

"Plus, the Euro when I have to beat your ass in the final..." I tease my captain a little bit.

"Oh, don't go there, little one." Alexia glares at me. "You can't do that to us."

"Well, you guys decided to all play for the same country, and I wasn't invited so I'll have to take my revenge." I joke around.

"Not my fault you got no Spanish blood." Alexia smirks.

"French blood suits me well." I proudly state.

"This is why we'll beat you in the final." Patri comes out of nowhere and fakes strangling me from behind.

"Fake friend..." I whisper faking to die. "And to say I thought you loved me..."

"Oh, I do." She states.

"But only with a Barca shirt on." Both Ale and Patri say before hand checking each other.

"Sorry, Ju, but it's true." Aitana hugs me. "We won't be able to love you for an entire day."

"An entire day? It's not only the game anymore?" I pout.

"That's what you get for being a stranger." Mapi laughs and messes with my hair.

"Maaaapi, not the hair." I growl and start to run after her.

"Okay, not fair, you're too fast, I don't want to die..." Mapi yells while trying to run away from me.

"You get what you deserve." I finally manage to stop her, but we end up hugging each other.

"I rather hug you." She chuckles.

"Same." I laugh back. "Did you have fun last night?"

"The game was awesome. I still can't believe it." Mapi smiles widely.

"I wasn't talking about that but yes, it was." I chuckle and she blushes.

"Oh, of course, Ingrid." She acknowledges. "It was fun, I guess."

"Wait, that's all?" I frown.

"I don't know, I still feel pretty bad for Ana, I don't really enjoy our moments right now..." Mapi confesses making sure I'm the only one who hears it.

"Went too far too fast?" I understand.

"I think so, but she is so sweet and pretty, I can't help myself..." Mapi sighs.

"I take you out tonight, we'll discuss this, sounds good?" I wonder.

"Gladly, it's been some time since we've done that." She smiles widely.

"Then, it's settled. 8 pm in front of your door." I wink at her and we walk to our friends.

"Do we really train on Sant Jordi's Day?" Lieke wonders. "I thought it was a special day for you guys?"

"Well, it is, and we wanted you guys to share that day with us." Marta states. "So, no training but Jona has a surprise for us. Let's go."

            We all follow Marta and end up in the locker room.