Wolfsburg Game

The next day, we arrive at the stadium around 4 pm. The atmosphere is still weird, and I don't feel like it's going to be our game. We walk to the field and quickly we are joined by the Wolfsburg girls. Jill, Shanice and Lynn stay with Ingrid, Lieke and I. We joke around and laugh a lot. Once, Jill makes a joke and she laughs with Ingrid.

"Oh, wow, don't get this close, they are going to assume you're still a thing or something." I smirk looking at the fans already gathered in the stand.

"Don't you know we are just doing it to make Mapi jealous?" Ingrid wiggles her eyebrows making us laugh more.

"I can see the Futfem Twitter world going crazy already." Lieke states.

"World War III." Jill rolls her eyes. "I can't even tackle Mapi and laugh with her without getting tagged in 100 pictures and videos."

"That's what you get for being pretty and famous." Lynn chuckles. "Look, if I hug Julie right now, I can gain followers real quick."

"Let's try that?" I challenge and she smirks widely.

She hugs me softly from behind, her arms around my neck and my hands resting on her forearms, making our teammates smirk as well. From afar, I can see Mapi, Alexia and Jenni looking at me questioningly while Patri glares at us with daggers in her eyes. Jill acknowledges it too and brings me on the side alone.

"Someone's jealous." Jill winks at me.

"She has a girl to care for already." I state.

"But she seems to care for you instead." She highlights. "Did you talk to her?"

"No, didn't do it." I sigh knowing it's fucked up.

"I can't wait to see the end of the game." My friend chuckles. "It's going to be tensed."

"Why?"

"Her girl will see her getting frustrated by your closeness with a stranger." Jill tells me as if I am dumb. "There is nothing more awkward and relevant."

"I hate when you're right."

"Oh, I know." Jill laughs and hugs me, leading me back to the locker room.

Once I am in our locker room, my teammates send me some cheeky comments about what happened earlier and Mapi sits next to me.

"What's up with the Dutch?" She whispers in my ear.

"Jill?" I frown. "What about her?"

"Not her, dummy." Leila joins us. "The defender one."

"Lynn?" I chuckle at my friends. "Nothing is going on."

"Oh sure." Mapi raises her eyebrow. "Arms around your neck, flirty comments, and hugs all around the place, but nothing is going on..."

"I swear, Mapi, I don't know what you are all about." I deny quickly. "Ale, tell them."

"Julie is oblivious, and thinks nothing is going on, but the Dutch likes her." Alexia states mindlessly.

"See." Leila points at Alexia with a big smile. "Something is going on."

"Can we focus on the game?" Patri growls in the back.

"She's right." I nod. "Let's focus on the game."

I chuckle and Mapi rolls her eyes. They leave me alone and finally get in my head for the game. I put my shoes on and listen to Alexia and Sandra doing their speeches. Ana comes to me and gives me advice before hugging me tightly.

Time flies by and I find myself walking in the green corridor. I stop behind Mapi and wait. Jill walks by and hugs me quickly whishing me luck. Then, we go to the field and finally, we are hearing the anthems. I quickly spot our fans opposite to the entrance, and they look ready. I turn to the main stand and immediately I see a lot of known faces. Our teammates, our coach, Wolfsburg players' families, some of our players' families, Carla... I look down trying to stop thinking about it and quickly I feel the camera being on us. Once we are done with the usual pre-game stuff, I run to my left side.