True Friendship Never Dies

A/N : Last part of the story 😌 I hope you have enjoyed it ! ❤️

The week has passed super-fast, we did some amazing things, and La Palma is such a beautiful place. We've been enjoying ourselves, going out at night, spending days at the beach and enjoying our last moments all together. Ana and Jenni are leaving tomorrow morning and Leila, Claudia, Patri and I are going back to Barcelona in the evening. I'm already sad to think about the end of our holidays, but I know good things are waiting for us in Barcelona.

            I can't wait to be reunited with Alexia and even the other girls. I know we're going to have new teammates, new staff members and the football will start again as if nothing ever happened last year. But first, we are spending our last night at Patri's family house.

"Are you happy to be back in Barcelona?" Laura asks us.

"Gutted our holidays are ending, but I miss football." I chuckle and she rolls her eyes.

"You know from what I've heard it was that Alexia girl who was obsessed with football, not you." Andrea laughs.

"Oh, they are just the same." Jenni rolls her eyes.

"Which is why you love me by the way." I point at her and she shakes her head.

"I love you because you're like my little sister, not because you remind me of Ale." Jenni explains. "I'm going to miss you more than I'll miss her."

"Liar." I send a glare at her.

"She believes that." Claudia sits next to me. "She really does."

"So, you give up?" I frown.

"Be honest, Ju, she gave up a long time ago. It's only fair I do the same." Jenni looks down. "We need to let go of each other to be happy."

"It's sadly true." Leila puts her hand on Jenni's shoulder to comfort her.

"Let's not talk about that, shall we?" Ana tries to light up the mood.

"Fun, let's talk about how you're not going to miss Mapi then." Jenni chuckles earning stern looks from everyone.

"Guys..." I sigh. "Let's just enjoy our last night together."

"To friendships that never die!" Patri raises her glass looking sadly at Leila.

"To friendships that never die." I show my glass to Ana and Jenni. "I'll love you guys forever."

            We spend the night talking and singing, occasionally dancing with one another. I chuckle seeing Jenni and Leila kill another song as always with Claudia fake crying beside them. Ana is filming them while laughing like a crazy girl.

"Don't be sad, baby." Patri hugs me from behind. "It's the beginning of something new."

"I hope it'll be a good start." I nod and relax against her. "I'm just afraid it won't be this good..."

"We'll make it better together, I promise." She kisses my neck softly and I smile.

"Lovebirds, join us for God's sake." Leila yells. "I want to sing with you too."

            We laugh and join them not being better at singing than them. Fortunately, it'll create some awesome memories to remember when we'll need to. The night goes on and at some point, I find myself with only Leila and Jenni.

"You look happy with Patri." Leila smiles. "I feel less guilty to leave her alone."

"I get that." Jenni points at me. "I feel less guilty to leave you too."

"And suddenly, I feel guiltier for not preventing you to leave us." I look down.

"Don't be sad." Jenni massages my shoulders softly. "We'll see each other still."

"Yeah, as enemies..." I sigh. "I don't want to be mad at you for being a bitch on the field."

"Sorry, can't happen." Jenni laughs. "I'll make you crazy."

"Just imagining you and Esther being against us together makes me want to cry." I chuckle. "Poor referees, they don't know what is coming for them."

"Alexia is going to be worse." Jenni laughs. "She'll have to do it on her own."

"Or I'll help." I smirk and Jenni glares at me.

"She is good with the refs." Leila nods and points at me. "I can't wait to see that."

"I want you to qualify for the Champions so we can play you." I say to Leila. "It could be so fun."

"Depends for who." Leila rolls her eyes.

"Can we make a deal?" Jenni looks at us seriously.

"Sure." I nod and we listen to her.

"No matter what, we will still be there for each other, we'll send messages, go to see the others, make sure our friendship won't die." Jenni puts her hands in between us three.

"True friendship never dies, Jenni." I nod and put my hand other hers.

"True friendship never dies." Leila agrees and puts her hands over ours.

"To us." Jenni smiles. "Forever."

"Forever." Leila and I repeat and we all hug.

            Ana sees us hugging and joins us. Leila and Jenni decide to leave us alone and I know it's going to be a hard moment for me.

"So, Roomie?" Ana opens her arm. "I guess it's the moment we cry one last time together."

"It's supposed to be tomorrow at the airport, but one more crying memory won't hurt." I say clenching my jaw really hard not to cry.

"I'll miss you very much." She whispers and hugs me tightly. "I won't forget a thing, from your lost puppy face on the first day to the way you've dried my tears during the UWCL final. You've been my greatest friend."

"I love you so much." I sob in her arms being broken by her words. "No one will replace you in any way..."

"Come on, you still have Ale." Ana kisses my hair.

"Sure, but you know it's not the same. You've been my safe place since day one." I whisper.

"I know." She tightens her embrace. "But you're strong and happy now, you've found love and you've got real friends, you'll manage to survive without me."

            We hug each other for some minutes before going back to the others. Claudia sees I'm having a hard time and she leans against me, her head on my shoulder. She doesn't say a word but simply squeeze my knee to assure me she'll be there too. I wrap my arm around her head and kiss her temple. This kid is going to be important to me next year without a doubt.

            We end the night around 1 am to make sure no one will miss their flight and we go to bed. As I am lying next to Patri, I feel her arms opening and I quickly move closer to her, feeling better once her scent becomes the only thing I smell.

"I know it's hard tonight, love." She whispers. "But I'm right here to hold you and to make sure you know you'll never be alone."

"Thank you, so much." I state truthfully. "It's been an amazing week with your family and our friends. I know I won't be alone, and be sure it's the same for you, querida."

"This is going to be the season of our life, I'm telling you." She kisses my forehead and I look up just to meet her beautiful eyes.

"I love you." I smile and kiss her softly.

"I love you too." She smiles back and we fall asleep peacefully.