Out Of Love

I go outside the bar and FaceTime Patri who picks up quickly.

Pepino 🥒💗 is connecting...

"Hey Pepino!" I greet her earning a quick smile. "What's wrong?"

"Why should something be wrong?" She frowns.

"I know you. You are at the beach by yourself, it's not good." I state.

"You should have fun not think about my mood." She sighs.

"Patri..." I raise my eyebrow. "Tell me what's up..."

"We've lost our connection..." Patri confesses. "Carla and I... I feel like we are an old couple, not looking at each other, ignoring the other needs, staying together because of a child or in our case a dog..."

"I see..." I frown. "Did you tell her that?"

"Yes, but she doesn't feel that way. In her mind, everything is fine, it's just the way it should be." Patri looks away.

"I'm sorry, Patri..." I feel bad for my friend. "Do you need to change your mind?"

"What's the plan?" She seems interested.

"I'm going to Valencia tomorrow with Ana to see the Levante – Madrid game. We are staying one day, coming back on Monday afternoon. Do you want to join us?" I suggest.

"That could be fun." She nods. "Are you going to see Sandie?"

"Yes, we talked about it during our camp two weeks ago and she wanted to show me the city and all. Since Ana and Viola are getting along well, we thought it could be nice. Andrea is also going to tag along with her girl." I explain.

"What time are you leaving?" Patri wonders.

"7.30 am. They are playing at 12 am." I inform her.

"I'll be there." Patri smiles. "Thank you, you didn't need to call or even to let me come..."

"Stop it. You're not alone, you know it."

"I do, now." She winks at me. "Have fun and don't go home too late, you don't want to be tired tomorrow."

"You're right, it's time to call it a night." I chuckle. "Sleep tight, Patri."

"You too." She hangs up after that.

            I go back to the bar and walk to Jenni. She is still with that stranger, so I don't want to interrupt or anything.

"Jenni, can I talk to you for a second?" I ask politely smiling to the other girl.

"Sure, love." She smiles at her date and follows me. "What's up?"

"I'm taking Leila and Mapi home so you can enjoy your night. I have to wake up early tomorrow." I inform her.

"Thanks for that, hermanita." She hugs me. "Do you need help to put them in the car?"

"Please?" I plead jokingly.

"Let's drag them out." She winks at me, and we walk to the dancefloor.

            Jenni manages to have Leila easily, but I struggle a bit more to have Mapi back with us. Ten minutes later, we are at my car finally and we manage to put the two girls in the back of it.

"Thank you..." I say out of breath.

"Have fun this weekend." Jenni hugs me. "And sorry you had to witness my date tonight..."

"No problem, you do what you want to do. You are both grown up people, if you decided not to date, it's not my place to judge." I state saddened by the situation.