Remember The Name

We play well for the first twenty minutes but can't score. MAK and I manage to shoot twice each but Sari didn't really need to intervene. Around the 25th minute, Jill loses the ball in the middle of the pitch and Sandie sends Sandy in deep. The young Parisian dribbles past Lynn easily and sends a perfect cross to MAK. Unfortunately, Steph Van Der Gragt touches the ball and MAK can't take it. I have been following the play and I jump in front of Dom, sending the ball in the net. 1-0. I run to the corner flag and slide on my knees.

"C'est ça, frère!" (That's it, bro!) MAK jumps on me while yelling.

"On continue comme ça, allez!" (Keep going like this, come on!) Wendie joins us and side hugs me. "On doit en marquer un autre." (We need to score another one.)

We all agree and go back to our side. We play our game until half time, and we go back to the locker room discussing how to get even better. Corinne Diacre gives us advice and we decide to be more offensive directly. She wants me to play as a striker for the second half so we can block their play very high on the pitch. I've seen Aitana and Jenni do that all year long, so I know what she expects from me.

The second half seems to be like the first, except we are higher, and we create more dangerous possibilities. At the 61st minute, we are pressing on Dom, Sari and Steph, and they are panicking. Sari hesitates between Dom and Steph but misses her pass and it ends up in my feet as I run on the left side of the box. I quickly control the ball and I see it's going to be long. As I did against Wolfsburg, I cross the ball with a right-footed rabona, but this time I feel no one trying to kill me. I watch the ball flying straight to MAK's head and she finishes easily. She points at me and shows the crowd the name written on my back.

"C'est ça la France, bébé!" (That is France, baby!) Sandie and Kadi joins us. "On continue!" (Let's go!)

We keep on pushing hard and the Netherlands just can't produce anything. Viv seems completely exhausted, Lieke struggles with her usual speed (thanks injuries) and the rest of the team doesn't manage to create something. Kadi and Sandy are way faster than Merel and Lynn who are playing on the wings and it shows. Around the 85thminute, Kadi speeds up on the right wing, she dribbles past Merel and enters the box. She looks up and see MAK running at the first post, Sandy rushing to the second and myself asking for the ball near the penalty area. She chooses me and I open my right foot to put the ball back to the right side of the goal. Sari was moving on the left so she can't change direction and the ball goes in the net. 3-0. I run to our fans, and we all end up hugging them somehow. They are singing so loud, it's awesome.

The game ends 5 minutes later and we are officially in the Final. We celebrate and I go to my friends, making sure they won't be too sad. I hug Jill who seems very hurt by the loss, but she doesn't cry. Lynn is crying badly in Dom's arms, Lieke is looking at the stands trying to understand how they have lost, and Viv is crying secretly but hugs me despite of her sadness.

"You better win." Lieke points at me. "I'm not going back to Barcelona to hear them brag all year long."

"I promise to give my all for you." I chuckle.

"Dedicate me a goal." She winks at me.

"I need to think about it." I nod. "And I need to score."

"True." Jill smiles. "I'm glad for you, you did great."

"Thank you, love." I hug her and she wraps her arm around my neck. "I'm so happy Lynn didn't injure me." I joke around.

"We can still try it." Lynn smirks and walks to me.

"Nope." I escape Jill's embrace and get behind her.

"Am I promoted to superhuman shield?" Jill laughs.