Things Have Changed

It's been a couple days now, and we had free time on Sunday. I spent the day with Ana as we felt like relaxing and just getting away from the drama. We are now all fresh and ready to start for another week. My ankle is getting better already, and the doc said I'll be able to play against Sevilla on Thursday. Ana is back too. Her ankle being completely healed.

            In the locker room, several stories are influencing the team mood. First, Ana, Mapi and Ingrid, the biggest story since Mapi kind of officialized their relationship on Ingrid's birthday yet seems to struggle with engagement and all. Ana tries to ignore it all, but I can see she is getting sad by the day and it's killing me. I truly want her to renew and stay with me, but I think she needs to see something else.

            Then, we've got the endless Alexia-Jenni story which starts to worry us all seeing Jenni has yet to renew too. Jenni tried to talk to Alexia who still refused, leading them to a big fight on Monday evening. Alexia went straight to our apartment after that and spent the night crying in my arms. Jenni tried to apologize but I think something has broken that night, and I'm not confident for the next part of their story.

            Finally, and to my absolute dislike, Patri and I are the talk of the town. No matter if it's in the locker room, in the media, between the fans, everyone is just searching for evidence of what is going on. Truth be said, I'd like to know what's going on too. We are close, yet we're taking our time, but it's difficult because we are attracting each other like magnets. I know we both need time but also, I need to control myself a lot when I am around her or else things could get harder real fast.

            For example, right now, we are in the cafeteria, playing cards and waiting for the training. I am at the table with Alexia, Ana, Mapi, Leila and Claudia. Patri is laying on the couch, her head on my lap, my hand running through her hair gently. She is enjoying herself very much and complains every time my gesture stops. Our friends laugh at her antics and tease her a lot.

"How much do you get paid for that, Ju?" Leila wonders sarcastically.

"She has cuddles and endless attention from me." Patri states. "It's the best reward ever."

"Sure." I roll my eyes secretly agreeing with her.

"She likes that." Alexia explains the look on my face at the moment. "She just doesn't want Patri to know."

"Scared to fall in love or what?" Mapi smirks.

"As if you know anything about love." I smirk back and she fakes being offended.

"How dare you?" She exaggerates the hurt.

"Where is your girlfriend at?" Patri wonders knowing where I was going with my comment.

"Don't know." Mapi shrugs.

"Where are you?" I ask continuing our little demo.

"Playing cards in here." Mapi answers. "With my friends and ex." She understands it's not good for her. "But Ingrid doesn't mind, right?" Mapi puts her hand on Ana's thigh making my roommate glare at her and Ingrid leave the room suddenly.

"Right, not at all." Leila laughs and Mapi turns to where Ingrid was sitting.

"Shit..." She facepalms herself and runs after Ingrid.

"You guys start to be chaotic, let me tell you." Sandra joins us and states. "Soon enough, no one will be single, and you will all date each other."

"As long as I get to be with Julie, I'll be fine." Leila teases Patri knowingly and it works very well.

"What did you just say?" Patri stands back up quickly.

"How jealous she is." Claudia laughs. "Not even having the girl in her bed, already getting mad at her friends."

"Fuck off." Patri growls and shows her middle fingers to both her friends.

"Don't listen to them, Pepino." I whisper in her ear as I bring her back closer to me, her head on my shoulder.

            Patri sighs but relaxes in my embrace. I kiss her hair and protectively wrap my arm around her waist. I playfully glare at Claudia and Leila making them laugh, and quickly enough we go to the locker room to get ready. On our way there, I see Alexia is really out of the weather. I walk to Ana and nudge her softly.

"Did she talk to you?" I whisper nodding toward our captain.

"No, she is closing down, Ju, it's not good." Ana sighs.

"I'll take care of that." I state and walk to Alexia. "You're taken tonight."

"Is that a question?" She tries to light up her own mood.

"No, I'm telling you. I cook for you and then, I'm taking you somewhere." I chuckle and she looks at me with a weird look.

"What for?" She narrows her eyes.

"You'll see, stay casual, you will like it." I wink at her and sit at my usual seat.