Fun Night

We drive to Sandie and Viola's place and finally I can get some rest. I sit on the couch, and they all join me. We check our phone for some time and then, we get ready to go out. I decide to put a short on with a simple white t-shirt and some white sneakers. It suits me well and I'm happy with the result. As I am the last one to be ready, I quickly make my way to Sandie's car, and we go.

We walk a bit in Valencia's streets before finding the perfect place to eat some tapas. I let Patri order for all of us since she is Spanish, she must know better than us. Ana takes a picture of us five around the pretty table and then, we drink beers and eat a lot of specialties. I'm glad we can do that again, with COVID and all, last year it was harsh to do things like that.

Around 9 pm, we leave the bar to find a good restaurant and Viola leads us to one of her favorite places. I am sitting between Patri and Ana, but as the table is round, we are all facing each other.

"Ju, aren't you cold?" Sandie wonders as she is shivering.

"I'm good for the moment, what about you?" I ask back.

"I could use some beer to warm me up, you follow me?" She smirks.

"Always." I smirk back and turn to Ana.

"I'll drive, don't worry, have fun." Ana chuckles and I give her Sandie's keys.

"Patri?" Sandie wonders.

"Let's have fun, tonight." Patri nods and we cheer loudly.

We order some beers and some food. The night is going on well, we are laughing a lot and it's so nice to see my friends getting along. Viola and Ana have more important talks about their national team while Sandie, Patri and I start to be a bit drunk, and talk about women.

"Oh, you know, Julie's ex was fire." Sandie drinks and I cover my blushing face. "Looked like a model, but they were too different, it could never have worked."

"Couldn't you have told me that before I spend three years of my life with her?" I roll my eyes making them laugh.

"It's no fun otherwise." Sandie smirks. "What about you, Guijarro? Any girl in your life?"

"It's complicated recently but I've got my girlfriend for 3 years almost." Patri explains.

"Why is three years always complicated?" Sandie sighs remembering her own history and mine.

"I don't know..." Patri looks down. "Maybe some things aren't just made to last forever."

"You, my dear, need to talk with your girl. ASAP." Sandie points her Patri. "This doesn't sound good to me."

"I will." Patri nods. "But first, I need another beer. Anyone?"

"Go." I accept and Patri leaves to the bar.

"She felt out of love." Sandie highlights. "Just like you at the time."

"I know, I saw it in her eyes yesterday, that's why I've invited her." I explain. "She shouldn't be alone when she'll understand it."

"You're a good person, Ju, but be careful with that heart of yours, okay?" Sandie sees right through me, and she knows it.

Patri comes back two minutes later with our beers, and we quickly drink it. Sandie orders another round, and then, we decide to walk for a while, needing some fresh air. I feel a bit dizzy, but I am good with alcohol so it's okay, the fresh air will make me feel normal again. At first, the cold wind makes me feel better but after a while, I am just freezing.

"Told you you'll need a jacket once the night will be out." Patri softly states as we look at the sea.

"I am not cold." I lie and she laughs.

"Right, just freezing." She points out and hands me an overshirt jacket. "I've brought that for you."

"You're kidding?" I smile a bit knowing it'll be the one thing I need right now.

"No, told you I knew you were going to be cold and seeing you getting ready, I thought it'll be interesting to bring this one with me." Patri shrugs.

"I'm suddenly glad you came with us, Pepino." I confess and she smirks.

"Finally, the truth is coming out of your mouth, Tiburón." She wraps her arm around my shoulder and brings me closer to her. "Thank you for inviting me. I needed that time away."

"I know what it is like, don't worry." I state wrapping my arms around her torso.

"Let's hope it'll get better." She whispers and we just look at the sea in silence enjoying each other's embrace.

After some time, we join Ana, Sandie, and Viola. Sandie is drunk as hell. Viola is sleeping with her head on Ana's lap and her feet on Sandie's one. Ana is just looking at the sea peacefully.

"Is that Patri's jacket?" Sandie smirks wasted.

"Yeah, she was so happy to be right about me being cold, she brought an extra jacket for me." I roll my eyes.

"Such a nice girl." Ana smiles and Patri sends her a smile back. "Do you feel better? The fresh air helps you sober up usually."

"All good, but I can't drive yet." I explain.

"I won't let you drive anyway." Ana chuckles.

"Let's play a game." Sandie stands up waking up Viola in the process. "What about the game of truth?"

"We don't have drinks, is it even worth it?" I sigh.

"Oh, you not bringing drinks with you doesn't mean we didn't think about it." Viola points out sleepily and opens her bag. "There is some tequila, everyone fancies that one, right?" She smirks and my eyes grow wider seeing my favorite tequila bottle.

"I'm so in." I whisper excitedly.

"This can't be good, but let's try it anyway." Patri agrees but looks at me worriedly. I send her a reassuring smile and she seems happy with that.

"I love when you come here, guys." Sandie jumps around. "It's so much fun. Ana, you'll be the leader of the game."

"What do I have to do?" Ana wonders.

"You decide whose turn it is and if the answers are satisfying." I quickly explain to her. "You can also decide to make someone drink if you know they are lying. And most importantly, you decide when we have to drink. You've got one chance by turn."

"Fun." Ana nods and we start.