Wolfsburg's Drama

I go downstairs and find Jill with some of her teammates in front of the hotel. On my way outside, Jona stops me and reminds me we are having a team meeting in 45 minutes. I nod and join Jill, Joelle, Shanice and Lynn.

"Meisje!" Jill greets me with the biggest smile. "It's so good to see you."

"It's not usual to see each other this much..." I agree hugging her. "We should face each other more often."

"We'll be seeing you at the Euro, it's enough for me..." She chuckles while I greet the others. "I hate being against you."

"We've never played together, how do you like it?" I wonder.

"Watching you on TV, being comfortable on a couch, sipping on a fresh drink, with our families and friends gathered." She winks at me.

"Such a fan...." Shanice jokes around and Jill fakes being offended.

"We know it." I nod and high five Shanice.

"Boastful much?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, come on, you love me, admit it." I smirk widely and she laughs loudly. "I take that as a yes."

"It's not." She confidently says.

"Prove it." I challenge and I see she is going to run after me.

I start to run first, and I quickly get away from Jill's reach. She complains about my speed and tells me she gives up.

"You've got me, I love you." Jill surrenders.

"I love you too, you know it." I smile and hug her.

"How fast she is..." Lynn whispers to Joelle while Jill puts her arms around my neck, and I relax against her chest.

"Thank you." I smirk and she blushes widely. "Will you be on the pitch tomorrow?"

"Most probably." Lynn nods.

"Then, get used to it." I smile and she frowns.

"And suddenly I wish I don't start." Lynn rolls her eyes.

We laugh and stay all together for 30 minutes before Lieke joins us. They start to speak Dutch and I don't get a thing. Jill must have seen that because she leads me to the side.

"So, what's up?" Jill wonders worriedly.

"Nothing, why?" I frown.

"Ju, I know you." She puts her hand on my shoulder. "You look tired, thoughtful and even since the last game, you seem different."

"It's complicated..." I sigh and sit on a wall. "Since Valencia, everything is complicated. I mean it was before too, between Ana, Mapi and Ingrid, then Alexia and Jenni..."

"But it wasn't about you... now it is..." Jill understands. "What happened?"

"Well, Patri and I always had a good relationship, right?" I start and she nods. "I've invited her to come with Ana and I to Valencia because she was sad and had a fight with Carla."

"But?" Jill narrows her eyes trying to understand.

"But it was weird in Valencia, we were close, but not in our usual way. It was different." I sigh. "But she was still with Carla, so I ignored it and I ignored her for a week. But in the bus, we've talked, and she told me she broke up with Carla and she needs me as her friends."

"You take it slow, it's the best thing to do, no?" She asks me.

"Yes, but Carla finally acknowledged things and she is coming to tomorrow game..." I explain.

"Oh..." Jill realizes. "What are you going to do?"

"Nothing, I let them have their thing, they have been together for too long, I don't want to destroy that." I state.

"I see, you're putting yourself behind. Classic Julie moves." Jill nods disapprovingly.

"What do you want me to do?" I ask unsure.

"Fight for her, if you like her." Jill states. "Or make her realize she wants you."

"How so?" I try to see where she is going with that idea.

"Lynn is fond of you. She'll play the game." Jill smirks widely. "Is that fine by you?"

"What does this imply?"

"Let me do, she'll be touchy with you, light talk at the stadium, flirt during the game and talk at the end. Then, if you had a nice time, she could still talk to you on Instagram or something." Jill exposes her plan.

"Let's try that..." I accept and we walk back to our friends.

Once we are near them, I see some of my teammates are in front of the hotel too. I don't mind them too much, Jill goes to Lynn, and I go to Shanice. We talk together for some time before I see Jill and Lynn coming to us. Jill comes next to me, and Lynn tries to fit in between us, but Jill prevents her from doing so. She is stuck behind me but her being taller than me and remembering Jill's plan, I'm not surprised when I feel two hands on my shoulders.

"Fortunately, you're small, I can still be a part of the talk." Lynn chuckles.

"I'm not small." I pout and it makes her laugh. "Jill, tell her I'm not small."

"You are small, love." Jill smirks.

"But don't worry, it's cute." Lynn whispers in my ear and I blush.

"You'll see how cute she is once she destroys you tomorrow." Lieke winks at me and I smile at my friend.

"It'll be my pleasure to beat your ass." I look over my shoulder and I see her blush at our proximity.

"I won't be against that..." She breathes out shyly.

"Guys!" Jonatan yells from the entrance. "2 minutes."

"We have to go." I apologize and go to Jill. "See you tomorrow, babe?"

"Don't have a choice, do I?" Jill kisses my hair and chuckles.

"Indeed." I laugh back. "See you, Shan." I hug Shanice.

"Have a nice meeting." I hear Lynn say when I turn to her.

"Thank you." I hug her. "Get ready for the best game of your life."

"I will." She chuckles and winks at me.

I walk to the entrance with a smirking Lieke and I see the questioning looks on my teammates' faces.

"What?" I ask Lieke.

"Lynn is so into you, bro." Lieke says loudly once we are in, and the Dutch can't hear us.

"Is she now?" I wiggle my eyebrows knowing everyone is hearing us.

"You definitely saw that." Lieke points at me incredulous. "And you played the game."

"Did not." I smirk and she captures my head in her elbow jokingly messing with my hair.

"Heartbreaker." Lieke states with a smile.

"Whose heart did she break this time?" Mapi wonders excitedly.

"Not yours." I smugly walk to Mapi. "It's all you need to know."

"You did break my heart at the time." Mapi points out. "Right, Patri?"

We all turn to Patri, who looks mad as hell. She nods not really caring, but I know her and seeing her jaw clenched like that is never a good sign.

"Oops, bad mood." Mapi looks at me with a cheeky smile. "Let's sit."

I sit between Alexia and Mapi, and we focus on the tactics Jona is exposing to us. After the team meeting, we go straight to the dining room. I eat with Jenni, Alexia, Marta, Aitana and Caro. We mostly talk about the game, and once we're done, I go outside with Jenni so we can have our talk.