To The Final

The Euros have been eventful until now. We have reached the Semis with a lot of difficulties by winning against Frida and the Sweden team 1-0 at the last second. I assisted Marie-Antoinette Katoto (MAK) after dribbling the entire defense and she managed to finish easily. This added to the confidence we gathered during the group stage, as we've won all our games. 3-1 against Iceland, 4-0 against Belgium and 2-1 against Italy. I've scored 3 goals and did 4 assists for the moment making me the best player of the tournament.

            I play as a 10 with France and we are usually lined up like this. Pauline in goals, Marion or Eve on the right, Griedge and Wendie as central backs, Sakina on the left, Sandie or Amandine, Grace and I in the midfield, Kadidiatou, MAK and Sandie in front. The PSG attackers know each other by heart, and I get along well with their play. We managed to create some really good football, and this is why we are confident for our game against the Netherlands. Of course, it's going to be special for me because I'm playing against Lieke, Jill and Shanice once again, but I'll have to give it all for my country.

            On the other side of the table, England won against Germany 2-0 and will play against Spain who won against Norway on the penalty shootout. Spain struggled a lot more than predicted, all the players are tired as half the team is from Barcelona and we had a huge season. The other girls are struggling to get used to their football and it shows mainly defensively. England did well in front of their fans, they were never really in doubt except against Norway when they drew 2-2.

            I am now sitting in the lobby of our hotel, watching the England – Spain game. My teammates are filming me and mocking me as I live the game as it was a Barca game.

"Come on, Ale." I pray looking at my friend putting the ball to take a freekick. "You know the drill. Power in the corner."

            I see Sandie filming me from the side, but I don't care at all. Alexia runs to the ball and hits it hard.

"Goooooolazo!!!" I scream in front of the TV. "That's my friend, you guys!"

            I run all over the room like a crazy fan making my team laugh.

"Can't wait for her to score against us..." Wendie rolls her eyes playfully.

"She won't." I smirk. "Because I am here."

"Let's focus on the semis first, right?" Amandine chuckles.

"Sure." I smile and go back to my seat.

            The game ends and it's 2-1 for Spain. I scream loudly in front of the TV. I wait for my friends to be on their phones and once I spot the first girl sharing things on Instagram, I call her in FT. Of course, it is Jenni, still somehow in the doping room.

Jenni 🫶🏽❤️ is connecting ...

"Hermaniiiita!" She screams happily. "We are in the Final !!!"

"I'm so proud of you!" I yell back and we laugh.

"Do the job tomorrow and join us in the best final ever." Jenni commands.

"I need to." I chuckle. "I honestly can't see this final without me."

"Who is that?" I hear Mapi behind Jenni. "Ooooh, babe! We are in the Final!!"

"Oh, I need to pee." Jenni does a weird face and throws her phone to Mapi.

"This girl..." My facepalms myself.

"I'm bringing you with me, I'm done with doping!" Mapi happily walks to their locker room. "Barca girls, gather up!" She yells.

"What is the matter?" Alexia frowns.

"It better be important, I'm waiting for Julie to call me." Patri growls.

"Well, speaking of the devil." Mapi smirks and turns the phone to my friends.

"Cariñoooo!" Alexia takes the phone immediately. "I saw you cheered for us?!" She smirks.

"How could I have not?" I smirk back. "I really want to beat your ass in the final."

"So, you can finally date Patri." Leila shouts behind.

"Fuck you, Ouahabi." I laugh.

"It's true, though." Patri comments innocently. "Can I talk to her?"

"Sure." Alexia hands her the phone. "I love you. We'll be looking for your win." She sends me a kiss and I see Patri appearing on the screen.

"Hola, guapa." She smiles. "You look so cute with your bun like that."

"Oh, well, thank you, love." I blush slightly. "I miss you."

"I miss you too." She sighs. "It's long and boring without you. I have no one to stroke my hair."

"You can still ask Leila. She'll be fine with that." I laugh.

"Don't even think about it." Leila points at Patri making her pout.

"Guijarro!" Jenni runs to her. "Give me my sister back, she called me, not you."

"Ouch, that hurts." Patri fakes being hurt. "Bye, love."

"She is so in love." Jenni rolls her eyes. "You better act on it soon."

"After the Final, I promise." I say with a smile.

"Perfect, see you on Sunday then." Jenni smirks. "Get ready to cry, hermanita."

"Never." I defy her.

"Love you." Jenni sends me a kiss and I do the same.

            We hang up and I go to bed. The next day, the tension is thick in our locker room. We've just arrived at the stadium, and I feel my teammates being focused. I'm good though, I know what I want and how we'll do it. Miedema is the greatest danger with Lieke and we'll need speed to break their defense. I do my usual recognition of the pitch and see some Barca fans around the stand. I greet them from afar and end up walking to Jill, Lieke, Shanice and Lynn.

"Meisje!" Jill screams. "I'm so happy to see you."

"Same, bro." I hug her and greet my friends.

"So, ready to lose?" Lynn smirks.

"Don't force me to do my best, you'll regret it." I laugh and she hugs me. "How are you?"

"We're good." Lieke smiles. "A bit nervous but good."

"You are used to it. You won the last one." I wink at her.

"True." Shanice chuckles. "But you guys are really good. We'll have to fight really hard."

"I'm so glad you don't play on the wing." Lynn comments.

"My ankle is glad too." I laugh. "You can't injure me today."

"I'll try not to." She sends me a playfully smirk.

"How are things with Patri?" Jill wonders.

"Not bad." I smile. "We'll see after the Euro."

"I'm glad I've helped her realized she wanted you." Lynn winks at me and I roll my eyes.

"Whatever you say." I laugh and see my teammates going to the locker room. "Have a nice game, ladies."

            I hug Jill tightly and walk to my locker room. The atmosphere is good, we are focused, and I can see we're going to have a great night. The crowd seems ready to roar as we enter the stadium. We check hands with our opponents, and I run to my side. Here we go. One goal only, going to the final.