EURO Final (PART 1)

It's the day. The Final against Spain. The nerves are hitting really hard right now and the music in my AirPods doesn't make it better, which is unusual. I'm sitting next to Sandie in the bus, and I feel her tensed too. We walk out of the bus waving at fans and quickly make our way to the locker room. The staff allows us to go on the pitch for 15 minutes before being back for the pre-game talk. I decide to walk alone to the field. Once I exit the tunnel, I realize how big Wembley is and how awesome this will be. I can't wait.

As soon as I step on the grass, I feel eyes on me and I turn to my right, my eyes stopping straight on Alexia. My friend is walking to me with the biggest smile on her face. She opens her arms and captures me in her embrace.

"I missed you so much." She whispers.

"Same goes for me, Ale, it hurts to be far from you for so long." I smile sadly. "But soon enough we'll be back for another year of spending time together."

"It sounds pretty good to me." She chuckles. "Patri was very impatient to see you again. She couldn't stop talking about you."

"Really?" I blush a bit.

"I miss Julie so much, I can't wait to see her, I hope it'll still be the same between us, what if she has forgotten about me, what if she didn't miss me as much as I've missed her, what if she doesn't want to be with me anymore, look at how beautiful she is, she is so good... bla bla bla." Alexia imitates and I laugh. "She is obsessed."

"I'm lucky then." I smile searching for the girl. "I've missed her so much too."

"Then, go to her." Alexia winks. "She is waiting for you." My friend points at Patri near the benches.

Patri is looking towards us shyly not sure she should come to me first or let me come when I want to. Seeing me smile, she considers it's a good sign for her to make a move. She walks to me and hugs me tightly sending shivers all around my body. Her being a little taller than me, she lifts me up during the hug.

"It feels so nice." She mumbles against my shoulder. "You smell so good."

I laugh at her antics and kiss the side of her head. She puts me back on the ground and wraps her arms around my neck kissing my hair repeatedly.

"I needed that." I smile. "I feel so much better, now."

"Just imagine after the final whistle then." Patri smirks.

"Depends on if we lose or win." I point out.

"True." She chuckles.

We chitchat quickly before Jenni, Leila, Mariona, Aitana and Mapi join us. We laugh a lot and once we're done, I go to the locker room. This is going to be the most important game of my life. Wendie gathers us all in the middle of the room.

"Okay guys." She breathes out. "I know this is our first time reaching a final as a team, but we all have been there with our clubs before. Don't put too much pressure on yourself. We are a team. We are going to win together. Julie, a word?"

"Yeah." I nod and go in the middle of the circle. "I am so proud to stand there tonight. We all know it's going to be a war out there but be sure you've got soldiers by your side. I trust each and every one of you. We are talented, we are confident, we are winners. Remember, we need to be first on the ball, don't let them turn, don't let them have speed and rhythm. Work on their weakness, use the wings, go fast forward." I nod to Wendie.

"Here we go, girls." Wendie smiles proudly. "France on 3."

She counts down and we all yell "France" at the same time creating a pure bond between all of us. We walk out to the tunnel, and we see the Spanish players are already there. I look at my friends and they are tensed, almost scared. Good point for us. I stop in between Kadi and Sandie, right next to Jenni, who extends her hand towards me with a smile.

"Good luck, hermanita." She winks as we check hands.

"Good luck, sister." I nod back and we separate.

I walk on the pitch and the atmosphere is unbelievable. I thought playing at the Camp Nou in front of + 91 000 people was crazy, but a full Wembley half red half blue isn't that bad either. As our opponents start to check hands with us, I stop Alexia and catch her in a quick embrace.

"Almost feel like Barcelona, doesn't it?" I ask referring to the blue and red colors in the stadium.

"Feels like home." She nods. "Good game, little one."

"Good game, capitana."

"Enjoy." Mapi smiles at me. "It's going to be a wild night."

"For sure, good game." I smile back.

"Only time you're allowed to be against me." Patri whispers in my ear. "Don't make me look bad out here."

"Would never think of that." I chuckle and she kisses my hair.

Once all my friends are gone, I hand check the referees and I run to my side as I always do. The crowd is screaming "Allez les Bleues!" and it makes me smirk. I'm so ready. Starting as a 10, I know it's going to be a harsh game, I'll have to run, to press, to defense and mainly to create good opportunities for MAK, Sandy and Kadi.

"Julie!" Amandine calls me. "Remember, stay high."

I nod knowing what it means. Corinne asks us to press high at the very start of the game. Jenni has the ball and the referee whistles. Let's go. MAK and I run as fast as possible between the centrals and the laterals to prevent them from turning easily already. Sandy and Kadi follow us but have to look out for the inside passes. And Amandine and Grace press Patri and the midfield on the side of the ball to avoid the usual Spanish game. Jenni had passed the ball to Patri, who played behind to Mapi, who had no other choice then to play with Ivana. The Madrilene girl panics and sends the ball outside the pitch.

"C'est ça, Bleues!" Wendie screams happily and makes us go higher on the pitch. "On continue, allez!"

From there we keep on pushing and we manage to cause problems to their defense. But as soon as they pass over our pressing, we are vulnerable. Jenni almost scores on the 7th minute with a beautiful header but it's just over the bar. Then, MAK hits the post after a beautiful one touch one-two with me. Around the 20th minute, I get the ball in the middle of the Spain side, Patri speeds up to me and I nutmeg her in style. As I dribble past her, I feel her hands on my hips and she drags me closer to her stretching my shirt in the process. The ref whistles and I laugh.

"I swear I'll let you have my shirt at the end of the game, babe." I smirk and she rolls her eyes.

"Number 12." The ref calls Patri and shows her the yellow. "No more."

"Sure." Patri nods and goes to the wall.

I'm around the ball with Sandy and we discuss how we should take it. Recently, we've played balls to Wendie quite a lot, so I see the Spanish defense being ready.

"I'll take it." I nod and step back.

Sandy does the same to confuse Sandra and the referee whistles. I breathe slowly and focus on the ball. At the last moment, I decide to open my foot to put some effect on the trajectory. The ball flies over Mapi, who is the last defender in the wall, and goes to the open side of the goal. I take a step on the side to see where my ball is ending. Top corner. 1-0. I smile and run to the closest cameraman. I make sure he is filming me, and I make a 'L' then a 'M' with my fingers.

"Told you they aren't going to brag, bro." I tell the camera.

"Golazooo!" Grace jumps on me happily and we are joined by our teammates.