CH:2- Who are you to me?

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next chapter on Wednesday. Until then, Happy Reading🤓 & Stay safe😷

____________________________

The next day Haseena arrived at the address given by Zayan in the evening. She texted him, "I'm outside," and while waiting for him, she started pacing as she fidgeted with her dupatta. Besides that, she was continuously adjusting the shirt off her off-white salwar suit which was fitting perfectly on her curves. After a few seconds, she stopped midway to fix her dupatta when she heard his voice.

"You are looking beautiful," Zayan said as he approached her, "thank you for coming on such short notice," he side hugged her, "I know you are a busy gal, now," both of them started walking towards the house.

"How're your in-laws?" Haseena inquired before entering.

"I would like to know that from you," Zayan uttered as he winked while opening the door.

"Aree, Maddam Sir, aap?" Pushpa Ji's voice echoed as soon as she saw Haseena and Zayan approaching the living room.

Haseena was as surprised as Pushpa Ji, she didn't know, that Riya was Pushpa Ji's daughter. She looked around the room and there she found Riya but the person standing next to Riya made Haseena's mouth bitter. She moved forward, hugged Pushpa Ji then Riya and while ignoring Karishma's presence, she moved towards Bi (Be).

"Aap to Eid Ka Chand hi hogayi hai, Haseena," Salma Bi complained as she held Haseena in her embrace, "Do Kadam par ghar hai."

"Bus Bi, thoda sa kam ka pressure," Haseena replied as she sat in between Zayan and Salma Bi, "Is Sunday ko paka aye gaye."

"Dekhte hai," Salma Bi responded and then diverted her attention towards Pushpa Ji, "Humari best friend ki beti hai, lekin humein bilkul Zayan ki tarah hi aziz hai," she continued while holding Haseena's hand in between her hands, "Hum to chahte the, ke Zayan aur Haseena ka Nikah ho jaye, lekin shayad qismat ko kuch aur hi manzoor tha."

"Bi, don't start again, please," Haseena uttered as she pressed Salma Bi's hand gently and looked at Riya who was trying to suppress her uneasiness caused by Salma Bi's word. However, the gesture of Karishma to Riya with her eyes saying, "it's okay," didn't go unnoticed by Haseena.

"Aur yeh Bacchi," Salma Bi pointed towards Karishma who was sitting right beside Riya.

"Yeh meri best friend ki beti hai," Pushpa Ji replied, "Her parents passed away a few years back in a car accident since then she was living with us but she moved out a few months back because....."

Pushpa Ji's sentence remained incomplete due to Riya's interjection, "Bus Maa!" She said in a stern voice as she intertwined her hand with Karishma's. There was this sudden awkwardness that prevailed in the room.

Haseena's voice broke the silence in the room, "can I get some water?" She looked at Radha who was just watching everything, quietly.

"Aap Kuch lien gi," Pushpa Ji asked Bi as she smiled nervously.

"Nahi, bauht shukriya aap ka," Bi replied as she glanced at Karishma's pale face but thought of ignoring the issue for time being.

On the other hand, Haseena saw Karishma getting up from the couch and disappearing into one of the rooms, and reappearing after a good few seconds in a much more relaxed state. 

However, Zayan was just sitting there as a spectator, he was blank during the whole scenario and his lips were continuously saying a prayer. He elbowed Haseena as he leaned close to her ear, "tell Maa to focus on the task. Why is she drifting away?"