CH:39- The Ties that Bind US

It was late afternoon when Karishma dropped Pushpa Ji at the station and after informing Pushpa Ji that she had an important task to complete, she left the station's vicinity. Pushpa Ji entered the station and she has just sat on the chair when Santosh came and stood by her.

"Pushpee," Santosh mumbled as she leaned forward, "I think there is something going on between Maddam Sir and Karishma Madam," her voice was low and full of secrets.

Pushpa Ji, who was just drinking water choked on it, "What made you say that?" She asked while whipping off her face.

"I have seen Karishma madam worrying about maddam sir a lot of times," Santosh responded, "I always thought it was just her concern towards her colleague; but now, I feel like it was more than a concern," she crossed her hands over her chest.

"What made you say that?" Pushpa Ji asked while looking at Santosh who seemed a bit lost in her thoughts.

"There was something between them when they were interacting with each other earlier today," Santosh uttered while glancing at Pushpa Ji fearing her reaction.

"What if there is something between them?" Pushpa Ji asked, calmly giving Santosh a green signal to move forward, "then?" She looked at Santosh awaiting her response.

"Then," Santosh placed her finger on her face as she thought, "then," she repeated herself again, "I'll be fine with it, I guess," she responded, "and if I think of them that way," she stared into space, "they look good together."

"Indeed, they do," Pushpa Ji muttered after hearing Santosh's response.

"And, what will your response be?" Santosh asked, still leaning on Pushpa Ji's desk.

"I'll be happy for them," She responded with a slight smile on her face.

"Wow, Pushpee," Santosh's voice became louder due to the excitement, "I thought you would be against such type of relationship."

A smile ran through across Pushpa Ji's face, "you are being stereotypical, Santosh," She got up and stood opposite Santosh, "that's true, I might not use to seeing such relationships around me," she placed her hand on Santosh's shoulder, "but, I have seen enough life and the one thing I have realized is that compulsion doesn't work; I have never forced Riya to do anything—I have let her made her own choices," the smile was continued to linger on her lips, "and, I would never force my experiences and expectations on Karishma, either," she picked up the file, "I want her to have a life that she deserves even if it goes against our societal norms," she placed the file against her chest, "I and Riya were always with her," she pressed Santosh's shoulder gently, "and, will always be with her regardless of what people might say."

"Pushpee, you know that's why I love you," Santosh pulled her cheeks, "you are not like many other  people of your age," she uttered with a slight enthusiasm in her voice, "Riya and Karishma madam must be so proud of having you in their lives."

"I don't know about them," Pushpa Ji started to move towards Haseena's cabin, "but, I'm really proud of being the mother of such amazing daughters," her voice was filled with contentment, the same contentment which was very apparent on her face and was reflecting in her eyes.

________________________________

Haseena was getting ready to leave when she heard the knock on her cabin's door, she placed her cap and baton back on the desk while giving Pushpa Ji, permission to come in.

"Here!" Pushpa Ji handed over the file to her, "I have updated all the case history which we were working on for a few days, you can cross-check that," she glanced at Haseena who was going through the file.