CH:14- I Lost HER!

Morning All! I'll be posting the next chapter on Friday. Until then Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷

____________________________

******TRIGGER WARNING----ABUSE, ASSAULT, BLOOD, AND VIOLENCE

!!READ IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

____________________________

The next morning Haseena was sitting in her cabin and updating everyone about their duties. She asked Karishma to stay at the station and keep a watch on everyone as someone is not doing their job thoroughly, she glared at Pushpa Ji. As a result, Pushpa Ji stood there, with her eyes downcast until the briefing was going on. Everyone was about to leave Haseena's cabin when Iqbal entered Haseena's cabin with a bouquet of 'white lilies.'

"Maddam Sir someone dropped this for you," Iqbal handed over the bouquet to Haseena.

"White lilies," she mumbled as she took the bouquet from Iqbal, "a symbol of 'death' and 'rebirth,' she thought. She didn't need to second guess who are they from. She looked at her staff members who were glancing at Haseena and then at flowers inquisitively, "aap log jaa sakte hain," she said firmly.

Everyone just nodded and moved out of the cabin. However, Karishma peeked from the corner of her eyes and saw Haseean pulling out the card from the flowers. But, instead of asking Haseena, she silently moved toward her desk and started to observe Haseena.

On the other hand, Haseena opened the note which read as follows, "Not bad. Haseena Mallik. Not Bad! I wasn't expecting any less from you. In less than twenty-four hours, you were able to connect all the dots. Not only that, you have alerted all the units too. Impressive! But you very well understand the consequences of all that—Don't you? Well, we can discuss all that later tonight at the dinner. You can find the address on the back of the card. And, Remember. DO NOT. I repeat don't bring anyone with you, otherwise, the children you want to save so adamantly won't survive to see another day. Your true Admirer, -NYX." She exhaled a sharp breath as she pressed her temple. Consequently, after reading that note, the first thing she did, destroyed that card after saving the address on her phone.

Karishma watched each and every movement of Haseena. She badly wanted to get her hands on that card but when she saw Haseena shredding the card, she cursed her stars. "What should I do with her?" She thought. However, her eyes didn't leave Haseena for even a single second that entire day. Around 6:00 Pm, she saw Haseena moving out of the station in her uniform wishing good night to everyone. As soon as Haseena walked out of the station, Karishma almost ran toward Santosh, "were you able to place that tracker on her?" She asked desperately.

"All set, Karishma madam!" Santosh looked at her confidently, "aap befikar hojiye," she showed her computer screen to Karishma which was showing Haseena's location.

"Bhaut Bhaut shukriya Santosh," she uttered gratefully, "Hum nikalte hain. Aur tum humain update karti rehna," she was about to dash out when she stopped in her tracks, "haan aur jo humne backup arrange karne ke liye kaha tha, woh," She looked at Santosh for a positive response.

"Aap befkiar rehiye," she said assuringly, "jase hi maddam sir ki location confirm hoti hai, mein wah ke stattions ko alert kar dogi," she glanced at her screen and then at Karishma, "you have to just tell me when you are in need of backup. That's it."

"Bhaut Bhaut sukriya tumhara Santosh!" Karishma responded as she rushed out of the station to keep an eye on that odd human being who is refusing any help from her.

_________________________________

Haseena arrived at the address given by Nyx, she looked at the warehouse in front of her which was on the outskirts of Lucknow in a very secluded area. However, she stood there for some time contemplating whether to go in or to turn back as she scanned her surroundings. There was no one around except a few trucks and the warehouse which was right across from the highway. The whole atmosphere was giving her an eerie vibe, her gut was saying to turn away from there, however, rejecting her gut feeling, she moved towards the warehouse after inhaling a huge sum of air. As soon as she entered the warehouse, she saw there were huge wooden boxes placed all over, and the yellow fluorescent blub was enlightening this harrowing warehouse. "Nyx," she called out her name, "Nyx," she was about to call her the third time when she heard a familiar voice right behind her.