CH:21- Yearning for YOU!

Morning All! I'll be uploading the next chapter on Friday. Until, then, Happy Reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷. 

_______________________________

Karishma was driving towards the station when she glanced at Urmila and her foot automatically hit the break, "kya kar rahe ho ye tum?" She asked while glaring at her.

"Kya kar rahi hoon mein, matlab?" Urmila placed the bottle of alcohol in her mouth and chugged it down, "breakfast..chatak chandni...breakfast kar rahi hai mein," she said as she capped the bottle which was half empty and placed it in her pocket, "jab se mein aayi hai yahan, ek din bhi accha breakfast nahi kiya meine," she placed her elbow on the window as the contentment spread across her face.

"Tumhari toh," Karishma pulled out the bottle from Urmila's pocket and threw it out, "jab tak tum maddam sir ki jaggha ho yahan, tumhare haath mein koi bottle na dekhun," she uttered angrily as she ignited the engine once again, "samaj gayi tum," she was about to pull out when she heard the knock on her window.

"Yeh yahan kya kar raha hai," Haseena muttered as she saw Samar lingering on Karishma's window and grinning broadly at her.

"Meine nahi socha tha hum itni jaldi milaine gaye," he said as he crossed his arms over the window and slightly leaned towards Karishma.

Karishma moved backward as she felt Samar hovering over her, "aap yahan?" She asked with a slight smile.

"Bus yahan se guzar raha tha aur aap ko dekha toh socha 'hello' bol doon," His grin became wider and his teeth started peeking out as if he was advertising for Colgate.

Karishma was taken back by his advances and she was about to open her mouth, when Haseena spoke, "aap aise hi muskurate hain, yah aaj koi khaas waja hai?" She asked sarcastically.

Upon hearing Haseena, Samar's lips went back to the straight line but his voice was still pleasant, "I can't wait for tomorrow," he uttered before moving away as he gave Haseena a petulant glance.

"Same here!" Karishma muttered plainly as she pulled out and started heading towards the station, "kya tha wo saab?" She glanced at Urmila, "tumne subha subha charah li hai toh iska matlab yeh nahi tum kuch bhi bolo gi," She reprimanded her.

"Aur woh jo tere upar bilkul hi gira hua toh," Urmila said in an irritated tone, "us ka kiya?"

"Mein us ko handle karlo gi," she peeked at Urmila who seemed displeased but Karishma was unable to comprehend the reason, "ata hai aise logon ko muje handle karna. Tumhein pereshan hone ki zaroorat nahi hai," she answered politely instead of arguing with her. For some unknown reason, her heart fluttered after seeing Urmila being protective of her.

"Sahi hai, humein kiya?" She thought, "She knows how to protect herself. Why am I intervening in her matters?" She looked at Karishma from the corner of her eyes, "It's good that she is thinking about herself," she continued to stare at the road, "if she is choosing him then be it," she mumbled as she glanced at Karishma who was parking the jeep outside the station.

"Chalo," Karishma opened her side of the door, "ya yehin bethna hai tum ne sara din," she said as she stepped out.

"aa rahi hai mein," she said gruffly as she stepped out and banged the door.

Karishma looked at Urmila who was coming towards her, "kya hua tumhein?" She asked while scanning her face.

"Mere ko kiya hua hai?" She started walking towards the station, "mein theek hai," she tried to speak normally but failed to do so.

"Aabhi kuch waqat phele toh theek thi," Karishma thought, "kya hogaya isko?" She entered the station and moved towards Santosh's desk.

"Why am I feeling this uneasiness?" Urmila muttered as she started pacing in Haseena's cabin, "and, that Samar guy, I'm not getting the good vibe from him," she placed one hand on her neck and the other on her hip, "who smiles that much?" She started pacing again, "and, the type of handsome he is, those guys are full of themselves," she leaned on her desk, "what if he has an ulterior motive?" She wiped off the sweat that was forming on her forehead, "aur, what if he is one of Nyx's people?" As soon as that thought crossed her mind, she got alerted, "he might try to harm her," she took out her burner phone and texted Abhimanyu, "I need you here," and placed the phone back under her shirt.