CH:20- Reception, Affection, and Suspicion

Morning All! 

I hope you guys are having a wonderful weekend. It seems like, there is a bit of confusion, and I want to clarify that for all of you. Even though I'll be wrapping up the case in the next few chapters but it doesn't mean that I'll be ending the story. You have to bear with me for a few more chapters😅. The case is one aspect of their journey, but, it's not a complete journey. And, as the story moves towards the end, I'll let you know, myself. So, until then, Have fun reading🤓 & Stay Safe😷. 

_____________________________

Karishma was driving the SHO's jeep and was continuously glancing at Urmila who was staring outside the window. She thought of ignoring Urmila but for some reason, her silence worries her, "Kya hua hai tumhain?" She asked when she couldn't hold herself anymore.

Urmila didn't respond and continued to stare outside the window.

"How come she acts like Haseena when she is upset?" Karishma thought and then glanced at Urmila while keeping a firm hold on the steering wheel, "Bolo gi bhi aab kya hua hai tumhein?" She repeated herself again as Urmila's silence bothered her.

"Kya bolo mein?" Urmila turned towards Karishma, "abhi mein kuch bole gi aur toh phir mujhe kisi kone mein band kar di gi," She said as she placed her feet on the seat and rested her back against the jeep's door.

"Tum herkatin hi aisi karti ho," Karishma made a turn.

"Kesi?" She asked inquisitively, forgetting about the bitterness that she was feeling towards Karishma a few minutes ago.

"Gussa dilane wali," Karishma uttered as she tried to maintain her focus on the road after having Urmila's attention on her.

"Toh teri Haseen dilruba aisa nahi karti thi," Urmila paused as she scanned Karishma's face and then her eyes settled on Karishma's ears which have turned red as addressed herself in such a manner, "woh gussa nahi dilati thi tujhe?" Her tone was plain but the anticipation of Karishma's answer was killing her.

"Pehli baat, woh meri koi Haseen dilruba nahi hai," her cheeks colored up as she uttered those words, "aur dusri baat, woh tumhari tarah fazool bakwas nahi karti."

"Haww!" Urmila placed her hand over her mouth, "toh mein bakwas karti hai kya?"

"Bahut zyada!" Karishma said without looking at Urmila as she made another turn.

"Bakwas toh humne bhi bahut ki hai aap ke sath, Karishma Singh!" Haseena thought, "aap ko hamari bakwas, bakwas nahi lagi kya?" She asked without uttering any word as she continued to stare at Karishma.

"Kya soch rahi ho tum?" Karishma asked after getting no response from Urmila for a few seconds.

"Keh yeh Haseen dilruba ke pariwar ko bilkul bhi uski chinta nahi," she spoke ignorantly which irritated Karishma, "woh itne din se ghar se gayab hai aur kisi ne pucha bhi nahi," her voice carried a bit of sarcasm.

Karishma turned her head towards Urmila briefly and after giving her a slight glare, she turned back towards the road, "sab ko chintha ha," she stopped in front of Haseena's house, "maddam sir ne sab ko bola tha ke woh ek case ke silsile mein Lucknow se bhar ja rahi hai," she said while taking the keys out from the ignition.

"Toh tere kehne ka matlab hai kesi koi nahi pata woh is duniya se hi chali gayi hai," she said while getting out of the jeep.

"Nahi," Karishma locked the jeep and came out, "aur tumhare yahn rehte pata bhi chalna nahi chahiye," she walked beside Urmila, "samaj gayi tum," she looked at Urmila to make sure that she is following her instructions.