21

I was literally speechless

I felt like everything was moving too fast

So much information to take in

...But eventually, every piece started to fall into its place... All my questions started to fade away...

...I could suddenly feel a small light... Was it in my head...?

I looked around. Newt was still looking at the ground when his eyes shot up in my direction. I couldn't quite describe them, but they held some kind of hope in them.

"We..- We made it..." He whispered and I looked around. The light I felt....it wasn't in my head. The sun was setting! We actually made it. A night in the maze...

I got up as fast as possible even though I felt a bit light headed and pulled newt up with me as well.

"We're getting out of here" I smiled at him and he returned it with a weak one. Soon enough, we were running towards where Newt instructed me to, which was back to the walls and the Glade.

I couldn't believe this. This night felt like years and yet we somehow managed to stay alive... I felt a warm liquid stream down my hand.

...Was I imaging things?

I was gripping Newt with my right hand, yet... I couldn't feel it. What the hell?

Before my sight could reach my hand, I felt the ground coming closer and closer to my face, until I heard a loud noise and a crushing pain in my head. I don't remember anything after that... Only complete darkness.

Newts POV

"Tommy?"

"Tommy!?" I repeated, my voice full of fear. I turned Thomas around and saw that he was bleeding. Shuck! I had forgotten about his arm! That Griever had sunk his teeth in it.. When my gaze found his hand, I was met with a terrifying sight. It was covered in blood that was both fresh in some areas and dried in some others. Damn! He lost too much blood..

I took a deep breath. All I need is to run until the gates which are about... half an hour from here.

I closed my eyes tightly and tried to get up. You can do this Newt.

I let out a small sigh when I finally stood up

I pushed Thomas to my shoulders and flinched in pain. He is not heavy or anything, but in that position, he was pressed right into my-still open- wound. I tried to run but the pain I felt made me stop abruptly. Shit. I can't do this...

But I have to! ...he did the same thing when I was the one who couldn't get up. If it wasn't for him... I would be in a Griever's stomach by now! So.. I can't just give up.

I can't...

..Because I...

Thomas POV

I gasped loudly.

My eyes opened wide before they scanned the whole room.

"Yo, Tom-Tom" my head shot up at the direction I heard the familiar voice.

"Thomassssssss" I heard another voice.

I'll kill you, Thom-ass! Do you understand how worried you made us?!?

I blinked multiple times. What was happening..? Chuck, Minho, Theresa... Were they really there? I thought we... The maze...

I looked down, to my body, to see my hand covered in bandages.

I felt myself flinching in pain. It hurt like hell... But at least I could feel it now, though...

Wait. Where's Newt?!

I looked around the room

Up

I looked at Theresa and saw that she was smirking. I did as she said and looked up to be met with a genuine smile.

"Hey, Tommy" Newt said to me and I turned completely red. I mumbled a low 'hey' as a reply and looked away. I could hear the others laugh but I smiled slightly.

Even though I was blushing extremely hard and the moment felt really embarrassing, for some reason, it felt good. Like I was happy...

Maybe everything is finally good after all...

...But why do I feel like I'm forgetting something..?

Hey guysssssss!!
So, this chapter is dedicated to @MackenzieMoreno because you chose an update instead of a cookie :P and @_leyam_ because you gave me the motive to update right now! :P :D
ILYASM AND HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER<3