3

The next morning Alby explained to me what he said I 'needed' to know. He told me the 3 rules of the Glade and made sure t give extra emphasis to the one that said I mustn't go out of the walls. I didn't even know what was the big deal..
I mean, he didn't tell me what was outside but... It shouldn't be that bad, right?

I was currently eating lunch and Chuck came and sat next to me.

"What's up Chuck?" I asked and took a bite of my food

"Nothing much... Hey, I heard you got attacked by Ben yesterday? Are you okay?" He asked me with concern evident in his high pitched voice- that only indicated that he hadn't even hit puberty yet-

"Yeah... actually, Newt kind of saved me so... yeah, I'm okay" I said and felt heat forming on my face, The reason for the reaction unknown even to me

"..okay" he said lowly and then smiled. A big bright genuine one. "So.. did Alby tell you everything?" I was going to say that he didn't tell me what's out of those walls, when an idea crossed my mind.

"Yeah...The part with the what-is-outside-the-walls was quite creepy though"

"Oh, you mean the maze?" I grinned at his response. I didn't actually think it would work. What was the maze' thought? I was confused again..

"Yeah. That. I didn't quite understand what he said.. could you explain it-"

"Sure mate! No pro"

About half an hour later when Chuck had explained me everything-I was surely going to hell for this- about the maze, the grievers etc., I was heading to the butchery for my first job or something..

There, I saw Minho. Chuck told me he was a runner so he was probably going into the maze.. That is when I noticed that he had started walking towards me.

"Hey Thomas" he said.

"Hey" I said awkwardly. Why was he even talking to me.?

"So, have you decided on what job you'll do?" He asked me, sounding indifferent

"...I haven't tried out any jobs yet" I said, suddenly feeling a bit pressured

"Oh! Right! Shuk, sorry! I should probably let you go work.." He said kind of disappointed. what was up with him?

"Um..It's okay? Bye" I said trying my best to escape this weird conversation. I walked towards the butchery. Before I could walk past the door, someone pushed me harshly on the floor. I winced in pain and made an effort to stand up when he pushed me back down.

"W-What's your problem?!" I asked while trying to make my voice sound demanding-the stutter didn't really help-

"What's my problem? Easy question. YOU, Greenie" He said and laughed "I'm Gally. I want you to remember it when I kick the shit out of you"

Short chap boo