~Chapter 14.~

My eyes slightly opened as my vision was blurry. All I felt was pain up and down my body. I looked around the room my eyes still adjusting to the light. I saw a glimpse of Michael and Luke's body figure beside me.

"W-Where am I?" I mumbled.

"You're in the nurses office." Luke said.

"My vision was back to normal and I saw Michael look at me.

"What are you doing here?" I moved my hand to my head and felt a ice pack.

"The nurse called the house and I was the only one home so I came here as soon as I heard what happened." I looked at Luke.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, but I care about you more than class." I smiled.

Michael put his hand on my ankle and started to rub lightly.

"Did mom get a call?" I asked Mikey.

"Yeah, but she didn't seem to care.

My heart was shattered. I didn't care that she hit me, but when she doesn't care about me, that hurt me. I started to cry once more. I decided to get up, but Luke and Michael freaked out.

"No, no, no, don't do that! The nurse said you have to lay down until she says so." I groaned from pain.

"Hey, its going to be okay." Luke said and smiled.

The nurse came in with some sort medication.

"Who's Karli's parent?" She said as she was going through her files.

"I'm actually her older step brother." He smiled at me then to the nurse.

..........

"I'm just glad you're taking me home." I said as I got into Michaels car.

"What about you're car?" Michael points across the parking lot.

"I'll get it in the morning." He smiled and put his hand on my thigh. I leaned back and closed my eyes.

"Hey you can't fall asleep, you have a concussion." I looked at him.

"Fine, just because I'm in love with you." Michael stopped what he was doing and stared at me.

"What?" His words got caught into his throat.

I just remembered what I said out loud. I gulped and then blushed.

"I-I'm sorry I'll just-" I got interrupted by his lips on mine.

"You don't have to keep apologizing Karli, it's fine and I-I love you too." I smiled when he said that.

Michael stepped on the gas pedal and drove all the way to our house.

"Is mom home?" I mumbled and looked at him.

He shook his head and I took a deep breath. Michael helped me inside while my stomach still felt like it was getting stabbed.

I opened my door and I noticed nothing was in there, everything was gone.

"Where the fuck is my stuff?" My eyes widened. My mom walked out with the biggest smile on her face.

"Oh Karli, that's not your room anymore." I looked at Michael then back at my mom.

"There's no other room in the house? Where the hell am I supposed to-" She pointed to the basement and that's when I froze.