After

Now 

Regulus

As soon as McGonagall says detention is over, I stand up and walk out of the room. Whatever that was, was definitely planned. James handles everything so well, it amazes me that he handled being thrown in detention together so well. 

I find Pandora waiting for me outside of the classroom and feel a bit relieved. I thought it would be Evan and I'd never hear the end of it. James walks out two seconds after me and as soon as Pandora sees him, she glares at him and grabs my arm, pulling me away from him. 

I glance back at James apologectically. I don't want him to think I hate him... not after he was so nice to me, but I find him smirking. 

"Hello to you too, Pandora." he calls after us and Pandora, without even turning around or stopping, flips him off. 

Once we're far enough away from him, she lets go of my arm and we walk at a normal pace. 

Maybe I'd prefer Evan teasing. Less painful. 

"Where are we going?" I ask her. 

"The lake? It's nice enough.. and I'm assuming you don't want to play twenty questions with Evan and Barty right now?" 

"Sounds good to me, and no.. I don't." 

"Cool, then to the lake." Pandora says. She has this whole nonchalant thing about her. She's cool but not many people think that about her. She's not afraid to be herself, and she's extremely confident. I've never met someone as... different as her. She's blunt and tells it like it is which is refreshing. Barty is sometimes like that, but Evan is never like that. He likes to be funny and not take things serious. 

Pandora might have accidentally saved my life when we met. She caught me in the middle of a panic attack when we were only twelve. Ever since then, she's just always been there. I tried to push her away because I knew my friends wouldn't approve of her, but she's stubborn, and honestly? I liked being around her. I liked talking to her. We have never been anything more than friends and we never will be. Despite what Evan thinks. 

We sit down by the water and I can tell she wants to ask me something. I know exactly what she wants to know too, but I'm not sure if we should talk about it. She's not James' biggest fan. It's not that she doesn't trust him. She just thinks he's arrogant and he should leave me alone, but he keeps popping up everywhere. She thinks he's going to get me killed or something if he doesn't leave me alone. 

I know it's the other way around. 

I'm going to get him killed. 

"So, how are you doing? You know, with everything going on." She starts the conversation. 

"If you want to ask me how I ended up in detention alone with James, just ask me." I say to her. 

She huffs and mumbles, "I wasn't-" then she pauses and looks over at me. "But now that you mention it, how did that happen?" 

"I don't know actually. I didn't do anything wrong to get detention in the first place. I have a theory though." 

Pandora lays back in the grass and asks me, "A set up? Do you think James had anything to do with it?"

"He was just as surprised to see me there as I was to see him." I tell her. "Maybe McGonagall." 

Pandora laughs, and I smile.

I love making her laugh.

It's one of the only things I can do right. 

Make her laugh.