After

Now

Regulus

Breakfast went by fast, but there's a few things on my mind. First, Sirius all of a sudden wants to spend the day with me and my friends. I know Evan will be okay, Barty probably will be rude at first and mad at me for bringing him, but he'll get over it. Pandora is going to be... yeah I'm not looking forward to that.

When I asked him to come, I wasn't sure if he would or not. I just liked the idea of him spending time with us since I literally live with him and his friends.

James is worried but he's trying to pretend that he's not. It's amusing and adorable but I think he forgets that we lived together for years and have had arguments in those years. If we fight today, it won't be the first time or the last time.

After breakfast, Remus disappeared to his room, leaving me alone with Sirius and James.

Git.

"Prongs, just spit it out, yeah?" Sirius says to James, neither of them looking at me.

"Now isn't the time, Padfoot." James says dryly. He's trying not to say anything in front of me that might piss me off.

"Oh just say it, James. I'm tired of the sideways glances and that face you're making when you think we're not watching it."

"He has a point," I add but I'm met with the death glare in return from James.

"Don't take his side," James says to me and I put my hands up in defence.

"Merlin, James." Sirius says, starting to get annoyed.

"Okay, fine." James says and glares at both of us. "New house rule, the two of you can't team up on me again."

"Fine, just spit it out." Sirius says, "come on now."

"Okay, I don't think you two should spend the whole day alone together. Especially with your friends, Reg. Look, you know I like them but they can be mean and Sirius can be sensitive."

"James-" Sirius began but he shook his head.

Then I decide to say something. "I know my friends are mean and I know Sirius is sensitive, but we lived with each other for most of our life. We've said some fucked up things to each other and here we are. We're still trying. We'll be fine."

"Right," James mutters. I can tell he's still worried and I don't think there's anything I can say that can change his mind about all of it. I'll just have to tell him all about the day later tonight when I'm home. 

"We should get going, Sirius. The boys will be here any minute." I say to him.

"Okay, just give me a moment. I'm going to say goodbye to Moony." 

Sirius disappears up stairs and a few moments later, Barty and Evan are banging on the front door. James gives me a weary look which I ignore when I go to answer the door. 

"Oi, finally. You lot take a long time to answer the door." Barty complains as he pushes past me to enter the house. 

"Good morning, come on in." I say sarcastically, and Evan smirks as he comes in after Barty. 

"Boys day today, are we excited?" Barty asks, sitting down across from James at the table. 

"I see you almost every day, so no." I reply and Evan laughs beside me. 

"Rude," Barty complains as he steals some food off of Sirius' plate. 

"I do have some news that will make today a little different than every other day." I say cautiously. James eyes the both of them nervously and then turns to check the stairs. Sirius is still up there.