After

Now

Sirius

Okay so maybe it's a little strange seeing my baby brother kiss my best friend. I know that they're happy and in love and blah blah blah. That still doesn't mean I want to see them snogging every time I turn around.

After I caught up to Barty and smacked him for his comment, I went back to the room to see James and Regulus. Of course, I snuck in because I wanted to scare them. Half expected them to be snogging again but they're not. They're... Regulus is sitting on the couch and James is kneeling in front of him with his hands on his legs.

"Listen Reg, I know you're scared. I know this is bloody terrifying but that doesn't mean you have to pretend you're fine. At least not with us, not with me."

"I know but it's not easy- I mean, okay... I trust you. I obviously trust you. Sirius, I know we'd do anything for each other. No matter what happens between us. I don't know Remus and Peter. I feel like they're only here because you and Sirius are and it's hard... it's so hard to believe they'd actually protect me when it comes down to it."

Oh, Regulus.

"What do you need, my love?" James asks him. So softly. So genuine.

"I feel out numbered. I'm the odd one out here, James." Regulus says quietly.

"Would you like me to get Pandora? Or Evan? Would that help? I'll do anything to make you more comfortable."

Regulus leans forward and puts their foreheads together.

Now it just feels weird to be lurking in the back ground of this moment. It's too- too personal to be listening in on it. James would murder me.

I just have to walk in and pretend like I just got here.

"Remus spoke to me earlier today," Regulus tells James and James sits up straight. I watch as his body language changes completely.

What a strange reaction. It's just Moony. What could he possibly say?

"Oh yeah? How did that go?" James asks Reg. His voice sounds... serious. I don't think I've ever heard him like that.

"Nothing like the last time he spoke to me about us," Regulus tells him and this seems to calm him down a bit. "He just told me not to break your heart. This time he said we're good for each other and that he likes me for you."

"What a complete change from being told we're wrong together, huh?" James jokes, but there's truth to that comment.

Remus told them they're wrong for each other?

"Yeah but to be fair, it was kind of a shock to see his friend making eyes at his other friends little brother across the hall."

James laughs and hums in agreement. "We were so bad at hiding it in the beginning, weren't we?"

"Bad enough to get caught," Regulus adds.

What?

He knew.

He knew before me and he never told me?

Not even after I found out. He acted like he had no idea.

What the fuck.

"I thought for a moment that he was going to tell Sirius. I really thought- I don't know. It probably wouldn't have been that big of a deal but I was so scared." Regulus says and he's speaking so openly to James. I don't think I've heard him speak this openly to anyone besides me. I'm sure he talks to his friends too but I don't want to think about them. Not too fond of them all the time.