Chapter 2

Chapter 2

They spent three hours together, Skylar doing most of the talking, while Emory and Angel listened. Emory jumping in to say something every so offend. For the past three hours Angel listened and clung to every word his youngest said. To Angel, he didn't know if it was because Skylar seemed so enthusiastic like his mother, or if it simply because of the fact that the seemed to share show much of the same traits, including their eyes that he'd found himself staring more then he offend should at the boy. No he was not looking at Skylar, more like looking through, focusing more on his eyes and the thought of Regina.

Looking into the eyes of his son, Angel was a little more taken aback when saw a look of pain flash through his son's eyes. Straightening up in his seat, Angel looked at the boy carefully with concern clear in his eyes.

"Emory, what time is it?" Angel said, speaking in an old and dry voice, that held so much sadness in it.

Turning to look at his father, he saw the look on his face. Emory pulled his phone out to check the time, "7:15" Emory said in just about the opposite voice of his father.

Closing his eyes and inhaling softly, Angel slowly rose to his feet and looked at his younger son with a calculated stare. "It's time to go." He said in that same flat, sad, dry voice.

Skylar looked in between his father and brother, without a clue of what was going on. "Where are we going?"

Instead of answering, Angel turned and made his way towards the door, opening it up and walking out. Turning to look at his brother for answers, Skylar waited, but Emory only shrugged. "Let's go Sky." He said turning and following his father.

Walking behind them, Skylar suddenly became annoyed. He had no idea why, all he knew was that it was sudden, and that he was very annoyed. While walking he waited for some sort of explanation from his father or brother, and when neither of them made the effort to say anything and continued to walk, Skylar found himself becoming angry.

"Where are we going?" Skylar asked, noticing that they were getting deeper and deeper into the forest.

Turning around to face his brother, Emory smirked, "You'll see when we get there."

Just as he was about to say something, Skylar felt this sharp pain spread throughout his body. Stopping in his tracks, he waited for the pain to fade. Releasing a deep breath took another step forward but the second he, he quickly dropped to his knees, and gripped the grass firmly between his fists.

Breathing more heavily than before, the pain that Skylar originally thought would fade away, only being to intensify.

Hearing the sound of heavy breathing and noticing that Skylar was no longer following them, Emory stopped in his tracks and turned around. When his eyes landed on Skylar, he instantly knew what was happening.

"7:43 exactly." He heard the sound of his fathers' voice next to him. "It's time."

Both Emory and Angel begun to slowly make their way over to Skylar. Stopping right on the side of him, they watched as the pain grew stronger within him.

Noticing both his brother and father standing at his side, Skylar lifted his head in an attempt to try to say something. But the second he opened his mouth to say something, the only thing that was able to leave as a loud second, as his bones started popping out of place. Dropping down to the ground and trying to lay in the fetal position.

If Skylar had ever thought that his first shift would be a piece of cake, the unbearable pain that coursed through his body had proven it was anything but. Trying the best that he could to silence the screams from coming, he quickly breathe in and out and tried with every unbroken bone in his body to get up. But just as he begun to pick himself up, he felt the snap and bend of his spine, forcing him to drop back down to the ground.