Ch.10

Ch.10

It had been a long day, and Skylar was grateful when he finally reached Clover's condo. After training at five in the morning and heading off to work with Craig, Skylar was beat. He had never had his ass kicked so badly and sent off to work where his body ached all over. To say that he was tired would be an understatement. He was so far beyond that.

Using the set of keys that Clover had left him, Skylar had pushed his way into the condo and headed straight for the shower. He didn't know how long he had sat under the warm waters, but when he was done showering he dressed in a pair heavy black sweat pants. Walking out of the bathroom, he headed straight for the sofa and flopped down, flattening himself on the sofa.

Before he knew it, sleep had taken over him, and he was fading into the blackness.

Turning over on the sofa, a sudden feeling of being watched washed over Skylar. Not knowing why he was feeling the way that he had, he turned over and opened his eyes, coming to the sight of an emotionless looking Emory sitting in a chair across from him, watching him with unmoving eyes.

Bringing a hand to his hair, he sat up and gave in to a long stretch, before meeting Emory's cold hard stare.

"Em-"

"What are you doing here Skylar?" Emory asked in a rigid tone, as his eyes stayed on Skylar. "Why are you here?"

Throwing his legs off of the sofa and letting his feet hit the smooth marbled floor, Skylar's eyes met Emory's not seeing any emotions in them.

"You know why I'm here."

"No, I don't know anything." Emory said in a low dangerous tone, as his eyes stayed focused on Skylar. "I do know that for the most part of four years, I believed that you were dead. I now know that you aren't dead, and I know that I'm in the middle of a war, and I can't concentrate on it with you here."

"So what, you want me to leave?" Skylar asked.

He watched as Emory sat in silence as his head slowly took his time processing his answer. Skylar knew that Emory hated him and he knew that Emory felt as if Skylar had abandoned him. He didn't know what he expected Emory to say to his question, but still he waited for Emory to say something.

Never in his life had Emory been so cold and distant to him, and the fact that there seemed to be such a huge change in his brother did not play well on Skylar's mind. He wasn't use to the dark look that filled Emory's feature. He wasn't use to the dark emotionless stare that was displayed in his eyes. In fact Skylar wasn't use to the new Emory, and he wished like hell that things could go back to how they use to be.

Sighing tiredly to himself, he brought his hands up to his face, and rubbed tediously as thoughts about how things use to be played in his mind.

After a while Emory rose to his full height, never letting his eyes leave the sight of Skylar. His powerful aura rolled off of him in waves as the dark dominance side of him slowly rose to the surface. Without making a move, Emory's powerful voice filled the room, and when it did, it broke Skylar, because he knew that things between he and his brother would never be the same again.

"Maybe it was better that I thought you were dead." He said as Skylar's eyes lifted to meet his. "At least then I had a piece of mind." Emory said before turning to leave.

As he made it to the door, he stopped and turned to face Skylar once more, and when he did, it was as if Skylar, himself, had been sucked into some type of dark portal; one that he couldn't escape. "You disgust me Skylar. Four years of thinking you were dead, and you show up now to try and make things right." He said in a low voice. "I killed for you. I grieved for you. And you ran from me. You may have the name and face of my brother, but you are not him. You're a stranger to me, and until you can confess to me why it was that you left, you will continue to be dead to me." He said stepping out of the door and closing it softly.