Chapter 18

Chapter 18

    It had been a couple of days since he lost his mind and tried to physically kill the human that his brother seemed to cherish so much. Throughout that time when Craig and the others had thought that he was confined himself in the cabin that his father had spent his entire childhood in, Emery had been busy pushing his plan forward.

    With Sonny, Craig, and Clover taking care of the business side of things, Emory spent that time both getting his mind in the right place after everything that happened with Danny, and figuring out a way to handle Colten.

    Walking up the long pathway to a small cabin that sat solely in the middle of the woods away from the pack territory, he pushed his large frame forward and closed the distance between him and the front door of the home.

    Standing in front of the door, with a stone look on his face, he knocked twice at the door and waited for the person on the other side of the door to answer.    

    When they did, Emory took in the sight of an old man with short greyish white hair and a short beard dressed in a flannel t-shirt and a tan pants. When he took in the sight of Emory, his eyes widen as a smile formed on his lips.

    "Little Reed," he greeted as he stepped forward and engulf the younger man in a tight bare hug. Pulling away for a bit the man took in Emory for a second time, this time getting a good look at his appearance, taking note of the tired look and twice aged eyes on the kid. As his smile turned into a known grim look he didn't need to know why he was standing at his front door, but he asked anyways just so he could get a good idea of where the kid's head was by judging the tone of his voice, "What are you doing here?"

    As expected Emory jumped straight to the point, not seeing the point in wasting time. "You know why I'm here." He said in a hard and rough tone that would cut metal.

    "Kid-"

    "I need you." Emory said cutting him off as the old man took a step inside of the warmly lit home, placing a tired hand on his waste as he ran a wonder hand along his chin, scratching at his beard.

    "When is this going to stop, kid?" the man said as he placed a pointed eye on Emory.

    "You know you shouldn't ask me that." Emory said stepping inside behind him and closing the door after him.

    "Of course I should ask you." The man spat as he eyed Emory.

    "I don't start these wars Jonah." Emory nearly growled as he stood rooted in his spot by the door, standing like military sergeant in his stance. "I end them."

    "If you keep this up, you're going to go straight down the road that Angel did, and his father before him-"

    "And his father before him." Emory stated firmly growing old of the same conversation. "We've been through this multiple time, I don't need to hear it anymore Jonah. I just need your help."

    "Kid-"

    "Will you help me or not?" he asked pinning him with a hard look.

    Giving in to a nerve wrecking sigh, Jonah lowered his head giving in to the will of his alpha. Knowing Emory the way he did, he knew that there was no way that the kid would drop this once his mind was made up. His only choice was to help him, so that he could make sure that Emory's will would be taken care of. As much as he hated the way the kid was with his life, he only wanted to best for him, and he needed to get involved he would do as ask, only as a way to look out for him.

    "Of course, I will." Jonah stated as he shook his head reluctantly. "I always do."

    "And I appreciate it every time." Emory stated short and cold tone. "Be at office first thing Monday morning, we'll proceed from there."