Chapter 12

Chapter 12

After leaving work, Clover found herself pulling up to the small cabin just short of her pack territory. Cutting her car engine, she reached over on the passenger side of the car and collected the food, she had picked up for Skylar and his friends. After everything that had gone down between the two brothers Clover felt extremely guilty. She had witnessed for the first time in pack history a drag out, knock 'em down fight between the Reed brothers, and she couldn't believe it when she saw it.

She hated every second of it, because she knew that the real root of the problem was her. Skylar had told her what had happened to cause him to challenge his brother like that, and hearing that Emory had threatened Danny, somehow didn't sit right with her. It wasn't like him to threaten humans or someone who was completely defenseless against him. It brought her great pain to see her Alpha stoop so low, but it brought her a greater pain to see Skylar look so defeated, and by the hands of his own brother.

Days had passed since the fight, and every day that she spent around Emory, she found that he had become more and more restless, and it scared her; not because she thought of him as being an evil man that had succumbed to that of his own power, but because it was a constant reminder of how Angel Reed was. Angel had developed a short fuse after Regina had died, and he lost all control.

Clover didn't want to see Emory become the man that his father had been after the lost of his soul mate. She didn't want to see the strong man that she once loved go down that slope. She just wished that there was something that she could have done to make him realize that there was something left for him to fight for, especially when it came to his humanity. It was no secret that after thinking that Skylar had died, that Emory had given in to his wolf on more than one occasion. And now Clover felt that he was becoming lost in himself, and letting his wolf run wild.

Emory needed something, but Clover didn't have a clue on what that was.

Pausing in front of the cabin's front door, she took in a deep breath and pushed opened the door, making her way into the warmly lit cabin.

Finding her way towards the living room, she spotted the sight of Skylar, Kale, and Danny.

Kale had been sitting in front of the nicely lit fireplace, gazing into the flames, while the light from the fire lit his face, casting a dark shadow of him. Her eyes shifted over to Skylar and Danny, and she could barely hold back the jealousy that ate away at her as she spotted the two of them cuddled up on the sofa, wrapped in each other's arms. Danny had her legs folded underneath her as she laid a sleepy head on Skylar's chest. Her eyes had been closed and her chest rose soft and slowly, letting her know that she was asleep.

Clover's eyes met Skylar and it bugged her when he didn't even attempt to move away from Danny. His arms had been encircled around hers, and he looked a little too relaxed with her lying next to him. Of course when he spotted Clover a soft smile formed on his face.

Greeting him back with a forced smile of her own face, Clover brought up the bag of food in her hand.

"I thought that you all might be hungry."She said softly.

Kale was first to make a move in her direction, as he stopped in front of her and took the bag away from her. "Thanks." He said making his way back over to the fire place, as he begun to dig through the bags.

Softly nodding her head, her eyes met Skylar once more, as a longing look graced her face.

Sensing that something was on her mind, Skylar shifted softly off of the sofa, catching Danny's head and laying her on the sofa. He reached for the soft black and white throw on the couch, and threw it over her sleeping form, before giving Kale a short look, and making his way out of the living room, with Clover following behind him.