Chapter 5

Chapter 5

"Well let me go with you." Danny whined, trying her best to change Skylar's mind. Every since Skylar had put it in his mind that he would be leaving to go and check things out with his brother, Danny had begged him to take her along with him. She didn't want him to do something like this without her. She want him falling apart again, especially if he was going to a place that started all of his troubles in the first place.

And then there was the fact that Skylar would be around Clover, and with that in mind Danny sought out to get Skylar to bring her alone. But Skylar had cut her offer off, the second she asked, reminding her that she wasn't even supposed to know about the existence of werewolves, and that if anyone had even hinted that she knew the truth she'd be dead in a heartbeat.

"Danny, you know the risk." Skylar said zipping up his beg and lifting it up so that he could head out of his room. "I can't it. You are so important to me, and trust me when I say that. Dan you mean so much, and because you mean so much to me, you tagging alone, would be dangerous for both of us, and I'm not willing to risk."

"Come on Sky, I'm a big, and I can handle myself." Danny said placing a hand on her hips and staring him down. "I not worried about what people might think. I don't care if they find out or not. I just want to be with you. You're like the only family I have, I love and that's why I want to come with you."
"I love you to Danny." Skylar said walking past her and out the room, making his way down the stairs where the others were waiting. Stopping at the last step Skylar turned to face Danny. The look on her face told him everything that he need to know. She was angry and hurt that he wasn't taking her. And to Skylar that was pretty much understandable. Every since he had moved in with her, they'd practically been by each other side twenty four seven. And to just up and leave and not take her, he knew that she'd be pissed. Hell his own wolf was pissed.

Skylar nor his wolf like the way that Danny was looking. They wanted to make her feel better, but they'd also wanted to protect her, and leaving her here was the best thing for everyone.

"Look, I promise to call you, everyday that I'm gone. And I know that you don't want me to leave, but I have to. I have to talk to my brother, I have to see what's going, and I promise that when I'm done, I'll back before you know it." He said bending down and planting a kiss on her forehead.

Danny pulled back slightly and looked up into his eyes. She hated the fact that he was leaving her behind. But she understood. Skylar had things that he needed to work out and that included seeing what was up with his brother, and making things right with that evil bitch Clover.

So sucking it up as a loss, Danny looked at Skylar and smiled faintly and playfully punched him in the chest. "You better call, twice a day, every day."

"I will."Skylar said smiling down at her.

"And you better be watching the games." She said rolling her eyes.

"Soxs all the way baby." Skylar said taking her in his arms and hugging her tight. Before he let her go, he promised that she'd hear from him soon. Taking a step back he motioned for Clover, who was standing in the other room watching the two of them, to the door.

Without saying a word Clover made her way past them and to the door. As she passed by, Clover couldn't help to take a look at Danny. Sure she was pretty, but in that whole, homegirl type of way. To her, Danny didn't seem to be anything special, and deep down inside her, she couldn't help but to wonder just how much the human really meant to him.

Ignoring the tiny part in her mind that was telling her, to snatch the girl up, Clover walked over to the door and waited.

Turning his attention to the three people left in the room Skylar nodded at them. "Take care of her." He said looking at Rafe.